Since the global network was founded in 1952 by a family of physicians, the Mundipharma network has always challenged conventional wisdom, and we expect the same from our employees. If you crave the freedom to think and work in new ways, then this is the place for you. Our flat organization allows you to make decisions and deliver results fast, which makes this an exhilarating and exciting place to work regardless of your role.
The Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) will be formed from the Transformation of the Finance teams throughout Cambridge. The main purpose is to provide clear direction and focus and a single hub for all accounting activities in the UK. With a focus on the processes, a desire to leverage improvements across the Finance team.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will report to the Head of AP, AR, Cash & Banking, Data and will be responsible all Accounts Payable process activities in scope across all IAC's within the remit of the FSSC.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices, payments, GL coding, reconciliations & month end activities across the German entities in scope of the FSSC.
• Support as and when required timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices, payments, GL coding, reconciliations & month end activities within any of the ERPs in use across the IACs in scope of the FSSC.
• Ensure that purchase orders, invoices and payments processing adhere to the respective control framework & approval protocols in place in Mundipharma, at group and /or at IAC level.
• Track supplier queries & complaints and drive resolution via the appropriate escalation routes within the relevant business functions (i.e. procurement, supply chain, finance, etc.)
• Manage internal & external supplier relationships for the given portfolio of activities
• Work closely with the Data Management Lead in ensuring that all vendors are created & maintained with accurate data in the relevant ERP systems.
• Perform ongoing housekeeping activities to maintain clean ledgers at all time.
• Ensure that all invoices are tax compliant according to Mundipharma guidelines, at group and/or at IAC level.
• Timely and accurate processing of company travel and expenses through the relevant ERPs / applications across the German IACs in scope of the FSSC.
• Support timely and accurate processing of company travel and expenses through the relevant ERPs / applications across the IACs in scope of the FSSC as and when required.
• Track T&E queries & complaints and drive resolution via the appropriate escalation routes within the relevant business functions (i.e. HR, commercial, procurement, supply chain, finance, etc.)
• Ensure timely processing of all activities to support the monthly/quarterly/annual close periods
• Actively support the sharing of new ideas and best practice across all areas
• Assist with internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests.
• Take responsibility for own development in order to reach and maintain the required skills, knowledge and experience to perform the role including colleague system training.
• Drive standard processes through principles of simplification, standardisation and automation where appropriate
• Efficiently and effectively performs the AP activities to meet the agreed SLA's and KPI's
Who we're looking for
• Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
• Previous experience working as part of an AR & C&B team within a shared service center for Finance either in the UK or Europe preferred
• University degree in Accounting or Finance
• Experience in Oracle, SAP and Navision preferred.
• Practical knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and flexibility to learn new IT systems & applications.
• Flexibility and teamwork
• Can do attitude
• Recognised Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Preferable
Do you think you could help us see what others don't? Be inquisitive and help us move medicine forward!