Skills Alliance are partnered with a leading, global pharmaceutical organisation. As part of a multinational process transformation programme affecting various corporate service functions such as finance, procurement, supply chain and HR. As part of this programme, they are now seeking an experienced Trading Manager on an inital 6 month contract.
This will be remote role, however may revert to office-based in Surrey and require international travel on occasion.Role Purpose:
This position sits within the organisations trading entity, responsible for overseeing and liaising with Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Compliance (Financial and Other), logistics, financial systems and process duties for the activities around the sale of product.
The department is core legal entity within an EMEA Group and the results have a fundamental impact on the company strategy and group P&L, through the appropriate use of Transfer pricing, Marketing Right ownership and Marketing activities.
- Conduct financial/management accounting, JSOX compliance, logistics, and process duties for activities around the sale of products to EMEA affiliates and 3rd party distributors.
- Provide commercial oversight to ensure appropriate governance and that transactions flow in accordance with API's Tax & Transfer Pricing strategy and with EU tax legislation.
- Work collaboratively across functions (including Other Group Trading & IP Holder Companies, API Finance, API Tax, European Tax, EUTD, Commercial Finance, EMEA Business Services).
- Operate as an effective Finance Business Partner to internal and external stakeholders, collaborating to make effective decisions, and adding business value where possible.
- Deliver timely and accurate financial reporting both internally and externally.
- Apply initiative and commercial judgement to resolve problems, making timely decisions to support time sensitive commercial goods and services movement.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Finance team, contributing to overall performance through value add activities.
- Interact with process owners and oversee transactional activities as executed by Finance teams.
- Influence trading strategy across various trading entities and affiliates.
- Provide support to decision-making around trading strategy and provide insight through partnering with other entities and affiliates.
Plus demonstrable experience/exposure to a majority of the following areas:
- Pharma sector experience with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
- Track-record of leading planning process with excellent organisational, collaboration and people management skills.
- Demonstrable sustained finance experience within Finance functions
- Proven compliance expertise; understanding and complying with industry laws and relevant regulations.
- Coaching and collaboration skills to interact with all levels of personnel to achieve shared goals.
- Demonstrable examples of ability to develop, coach and enable high performance teams and proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing.
- Proven ability to influence, (appropriately) challenge and engage diverse senior stakeholders.
- Sound commercial awareness and ability to contribute to the success and development of the finance function and business in general
- Audit experience preferable
- Degree qualified, with post-grad accounting qualifications (ACA, ACCA)
- Inventory knowledge - accounting/transactional knowledge/best practice
- Financial Modelling & Analysis
- Preparation of Management Reports
- Preparation of Budgets & Forecasts
- Variance Analysis including understanding of cost drivers, volume & pricing
- Month End Close Process
- UK GAAP, IFRS and group accounting experience
- Internal Controls & process compliance work
- Hands on use of Accounting & Reporting tools such as SAP, HFM
- Liaison with auditors & professional advisors
- Must have experience of working across multiple sites and localities