About The Role
The aim of the Finance team at Claranet is to provide expert financial advisory and support services to the business underpinned by an effective control environment. This falls into three key areas: (1) Financial Business Services: Production of reporting to support and influence business decision making and overall management of the bi-annual Business Planning process; (2) Corporate Services: Development and management of an appropriate governance and risk management framework and the provision of information for Group Finance; (3) Financial Shared Services: Efficient provision of transactional and administrative business processes including related system development and stewardship of core data quality.
The Finance function is a professional environment and consists of the following functions; Financial & Management Accounting, Business Partnering, Credit Control, Sales Support, Cancellations, Legal, Procurement & Compliance. The majority of the UK finance function is based in Gloucester although we have members of the team in London, Warrington and Leeds as well as some homeworkers.
We are passionate and driven team with a vision to provide a high-level of service to the organisation.Essential duties & responsibilities
This role is within the management accounts team and reports to the Senior Management Accountant. The management accounts team is responsible for the timely & accurate preparation of the monthly management accounts and related reporting, revenue and cost assurance activities and elements of the preparation of budgets and half yearly forecasts.The key priorities for the role are:
About The CandidateEssential:
- Prepare monthly reconciliation spreadsheets for our more complex third-party suppliers
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure these supplier invoices are uploaded onto our finance system correctly
- Reconcile Claranet UK's Install Base to relevant technical databases and any available third-party supplier information to ensure:
- All live products / services are billed to the customer (revenue reconciliation);
- All customers are paying for what they are consuming including the onward billing of any over-usage charges (usage reconciliation);
- All products / services no longer required by the customer have been decommissioned in the technical databases (internal decommissioning); and
- All products / services no longer required by the customer have been cancelled with the third-party supplier(s) (external decommissioning)
- Investigate and resolve all reconciliation variances as appropriate. This will include establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships to ensure corrective action is taken
- Ensure that the resolution of any third-party differences is achieved in a timely manner and that Claranet UK's records are amended as appropriate
- Ensure that any credits are received from the 3rd party suppliers in a timely manner and the Financial Accounts team are notified
- Continually improve the automation of the reconciliation process to improve accuracy and timeliness of reconciliation
- Recommend where appropriate internal process improvements that would reduce data errors and enhance the accuracy of Claranet UK's data and the reconciliation process
- Identify potential cost savings and operational efficiencies to enable management to improve company profitability
- Support the Vendor Team in relation to new and existing third-party supplier contract spends and churn allowances
- Support the Product Team in relation to new product launches, in life changes and end of life projects
- Provide support and analysis as required to the Senior Management Accountant
- Assist with cost saving projects and initiatives as required by the wider Finance team
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Sumifs, H/V/XLookups, Index/Match etc)
- A desire to complete an accounting qualification with CIMA
- A strong communicator - written and oral
- A highly driven and energetic individual, with a good eye for detail
- Ability to critically evaluate processes, finding and implementing ways to improve them
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise workload in alignment with the business needs
- Ability to work well within a team and build relationships both throughout the organisation and with relevant third parties
- A quick learner, able to pick up using multiple new systems
About The Company
- Degree level academic background, especially in Accounting & Finance or another business-related qualification
- Experience in reconciling bills and/or accounts
- Experience of working in a commercial or Information Technology driven business of similar size (revenues of £100m+)
- Experience with Microsoft-based accounting software (preferably F&O)
Claranet combine pioneering technologies, practices, and expertise to propel our customers ambitions. Through a vibrant customer centric culture of collaboration, learning, and opportunity, we nurture a dynamic community of the best technology and service expertise spanning hybrid cloud, cybersecurity, networks, and unified communications.
Founded in 1996, Claranet has evolved into a multi-disciplinary technology services provider with global reach. The company has annualised revenues of circa £350 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,000 employees in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers.
Claranet consistently appears in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 as one of the fastest growing privately-owned businesses in the UK. Our international success is driven by local service, out of local offices, using a mixture of local and international infrastructure, including hyperscaler clouds.