Siemens Rolling Stock are currently recruiting for an Overhaul Technician (T1) to work in our Lincoln Bogie Service Centre. The Overhaul Technician will assist with all the activities that support the operation of facility. This can include tasks such as assisting the production team, forklift driving, material movements and cleaning activities.What will be my Responsibilities?
What Qualification and Experience will I need?Essential:
- With supervision undertake supporting activities to assist with the daily production needs of the Overhaul facility, while adhering to the requisite processes and procedures
- Moving material and components to and from the overhaul stations to ensure they have the parts as required
- Identify, and collect spares and materials from stores
- Cleaning of bogie frames using the cleaning station and cleaning of associated components.
- Paint repairs to bogie frames and components as required
- Assist with additional activities e.g. forklift driving, overhead crane and supporting logistics as required
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rolling Stock HSE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own scope that will benefit the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Knowledge of how to care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Basic level of proficiency using a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering or process / productions driven environment
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including biohazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Forklift truck driving experience and qualification
- Overhead crane operating experience and qualification
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Organization:
Siemens Mobility LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: