We are currently looking to recruit an immediately available Assistant Accountant for a 12 month fixed term contract to work 25 hours a week.
The suitable candidate will ideally have experience of bank reconciliations and working in a finance team, with excellent skills and experience of Microsoft Excel.
The purpose of this role is to provide sound advice in regards to payment queries to internal and external customers; to ensure that accounting records are accurately maintained and to ensure comprehensive reconciliations take place of payments into the business and assigned codes.
Who we are......
- Perform key reconciliations for bank and general ledger control accounts, including rent debtors to ensure that all payments made to the Company are accounted for
- Process general ledger entries as required for expense allocation and accrual accounting.
- To be responsible for preparing and initiating banking transactions using Company specific specialised software.
- Act as buddy for finance tasks in support of overall team objectives including all essential accounts payable processes.
- Assist with the implementation of service plans for the finance team, monitoring performance against key performance targets for own areas of responsibility and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Process transfers between accounts at bank level and sales ledger including rent accounts.
- Respond to all internal and external customer queries in a timely and accurate manner.
Cross Keys Homes is a commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city's population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes, and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we've built more than 1,300 new homes and are currently building a further 2500 homes.
We're more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We're also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people - being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.RequirementsThis is what we are looking for...
- Knowledge of operational requirements of a finance department
- Basic level of accounting knowledge including day to day purchase and payment cycles
- Experience of a range of software and accounting packages including spreadsheets
- Understand cash and bank account reconciliations
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Up to date knowledge of payment methods used with business and their mechanics
- Experience of communicating with colleagues and customers over the telephone, in writing and in person.
- Basic knowledge of VAT and associated accounting
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively, in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to investigate posting and transactional errors/anomalies
- Good intellect and excellent numeracy skills with the ability to interpret relevant information and analyse data
- Ability to work as a team member and under own initiative to manage a heavy workload.
- Intermediate Excel skills including the use of pivot tables and LOOKUP and IF functions
- Able to build strong working relationships with individuals and teams from all disciplines within the business
- Able to manipulate large volumes of data in a timely and accurate fashion
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.BenefitsIn return we are offering.....
- A competitive salary of £13,714 - £16,835 depending on skills, knowledge and experience
- Working hours are 25 hours a week worked between Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- CKH Rewards scheme offering discounts and savings from 100's of retailers
- Online Employee Well Being Hub
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Parking at Head Office
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- Cross Keys Homes is a Living Wage Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE