.Assistant Accountant| Gloucestershire |upto £28,000 The Company
We are working with a construction company that continues to grow its market share making it a leader in its field.The Opportunity
- To provide accounting and administrative support ensuring all accounting records and information are accurate and all management information is delivered in a timely fashion.
·Provide detailed financial information particularly in relation to overheads including variance analysis against budget.
Qualifications / Licences / Education
- Draft reports to be used in completion of Government surveys.
- Process improvement and compliance, development of IT systems.
- Assist the Management Accountant with subsidiary contract reviews
- Support to purchase ledger/sales ledger roles.
- Process VAT returns and other Business-related taxes for both UK and Overseas operations.
- Authorising of new supplier accounts including payment terms in conjunction with Managers.
- Bank Reconciliation for multiple entities.
- Assist the Management Accountant with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Management Accountant with the production of subsidiary management accounts.
- Complete and submit Office for National Statistic reports.
- To prepare monthly overhead accrual and prepayment schedules for input.
- Various tasks as set out in monthly timetable and support to Financial Controller.
§Numeracy skills for handling large sets of financial data accurately and to set deadlines
§Ability to produce regular and ad hoc management financial reports, including analysis of financial data and forecasts
§Knowledge of the Company's financial and contracting processes and systems for sales and managing projects
§Experience in communicating financial information in writing and in meetings, and in contact with external bodies such as credit management, payment systems, VAT returns
§GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics
§AAT Qualified or equivalent experience.For further information, please contact Rhian Mountjoy