Please note this is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
The Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income teams aim to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce.
Supporting the P2P and Income teams, you should have a working knowledge of Financial processes and systems across P2P and Income. The team process thousands of payments daily to external suppliers and Service Users, therefore you will need to be able input data or income accurately, timely and within policy and legislation standards.
With experience of working within a large team, you will deliver excellent customer service, supporting other teams and end users. The role demands attention to detail and extensive experience of Microsoft Office packages including Excel.
You will be based within the Income Collection Team at ECC and provide support to the BAU Team.Role responsibilities
- Work collaboratively within the ECC Income Collection Team to assist in the successful delivery of recovery of income.
- Support the Income Collection Team through ad-hoc and regular administrative tasks.
- Contribute to the delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
- Responsible for processing and managing financial transactions, following defined business processes, inputting and interpreting data to ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, timeliness and high performance.
- Responsible for delivering all activities to meet defined deadlines, proactively reporting any risks or issues for early resolution.
- Provide support and guidance to internal and external customers in a professional manner, in line with Financial processes, ensuring that policy and legislation are met.
- Carry out basic reporting for P2P and Income and external customers, which contributes to the management of organisational performance, maximises income and ensures compliance with Financial Regulations and ECC Policies.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across P2P and Income to deliver finance support.
- Recommend process improvements and redesign to achieve best practice and organisational efficiency.
- Contributes to maintaining currency on legislation changes and translating these into local policy and procedure, to identify and review potential changes in technology.
- Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) must include English and Mathematics, or equivalent by experience.
- Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
- Some knowledge of P2P/Income systems and demonstrable accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase to pay and e-invoicing experience would be desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.Level of good competency using Microsoft office packages including, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to interpret varied information for supporting continuous improvements in service delivery.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners.