We are very excited to be representing a leading Pensions specialist. Who are currently recruiting for a qualified and ambitious Senior Pensions Administrator.
Do you have experience of Defined Contributions (DC) schemes including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases.
Have 3-5 years experience in the industry?
Are you proactive and able to take ownership of your work?Key responsibilities include:
Job RequirementsKnowledge & experience
- Managing day-to-day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines to comply with legislative and clients' requirements.
- Acting as a key member of the pensions administration team, providing support to the assigned administration manager.
- Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients, acting as first point of contact where applicable, taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of their assigned client portfolio.
- Project managing annual projects such as renewals, benefit statements, life assurance, PHI and pension increases. Handling any data processing and administration tasks, ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
- Ensuring standard documentation is scheme specific, and incorporating them into existing procedures.
- Preparing for and where appropriate participating in trustee meetings.
- Handling complex pensions queries and pensions consultative advice.
- Performing complex manual benefits calculations.
- Producing ad-hoc and standard letters to 'final letter standards' in response to customer queries.
- Managing ad-hoc projects and exercises, e.g. bulk mailshots to scheme members.
- Updating relevant pensions administration databases and systems.
- Maintaining scheme control files.
- Monitoring, delegating and co-ordinating workflow, reporting regularly to administration manager on progress and issue management.
- Monitoring on going procedural developments and implementing changes to procedures where required.
- Checking of work completed by more junior staff at associate and associate II levels, including calculations, correspondence, reports and data updates.
- Informal training and mentoring of more junior members of the team.
- Assisting in appraisals and the recruitment process where required, as well as supporting administration manager in general HR, induction and performance issues.
- Contributing to technical sub-committees (TSC) and technical administration discussions.
- Providing possible assistance to the administration manager in the billing process.
- Keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry.
- Working closely with other departments/teams both internal and external to the Company in order to provide a total service to our clients. E.g. Pensions Accounts, Payroll, Administration Support and ITM (3rd party IT software provider).
- Able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of pensions administration activities and can apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Contributions (DC) schemes including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases. This role is likely to appeal to individuals with a minimum of 5 years' experience although not exclusive as all applications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
- Experience of checking and mentoring more junior members of staff is required.
- Third party pensions administration experience preferred, although strong all round experience within an in house pensions department, which is not purely process driven will be considered.
- Previous presentational experience would be of distinct advantage to assist with client meetings and new business development activities.
- Able to demonstrate a numerical aptitude evidenced by work related experience or academic achievements as listed below.
- Previous project management experience would be required to perform pension administration project based work.
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
If this opportunity excites you and you feel could be a good fit we would love to hear from you.
Please provide your CV and an introduction to why you feel you would like to be considered