We are recruiting for a Management Accountant - Inventory
role on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract
basis to work across our key sites in Cambridgeshire.
G's is an incredibly exciting place to work, at the forefront of modern farming and food distribution means its fast-faced, stimulating and rewarding. We work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what's right for G's and our customers.
We are looking for an experienced accountant to support inventory accounting system changes as part of an on-going finance transformation project within an FMCG environment. The role will work closely with factory site accounting teams as well as the central finance and transformation project team to ensure that the changes create a template for other areas of the business. The focused approached will be on standardisation across multiple sites.The role will include:
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate experience of the following:
- Review and creation of documentation of inventory financial processes 'as-is' and 'to-be'
- Liaison with operational, finance and systems teams to deliver the change program.
- Implement new BOMs in ERP system based on manual spreadsheet information
- Create new intermediate products where necessary to support correct inventory valuation
- Create process documentation for transfer of inventory through ERP system
- Test system changes to ensure correct accounting entries in general ledger and inventory system
- Creation of in-system Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Valuation of inventory on hand at different stages of manufacturing process (experience of batch processed goods would be an advantage)
- Manufacturing process and necessary accounting for raw, materials, intermediate products and finished goods including the use of Lot/Batch processes.
- Process of actual to system inventory verification processes and system adjustments
- Utilisation of direct labour reporting using ERP systems
- Overhead/labour cost absorption into inventory
We are looking for a self-starter who enjoy working in the detail, problem solving with sufficient technical and ERP systems experience to recommend changes to the inventory setup and transactions.