Vitality, UI/UX Designer, Bournemouth, £Competitive plus bonus and benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our UI/UX Designer, you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI/UX Designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. Ideally you will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
Responsibilities as our UI/UX Designer:
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall product roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry's standards
- Work closely with the Head of Product, Head of UX and Creative Director to ensure brand guidelines and UX principals are adhered to
Skills and experience required to become our UI/UX Designer:
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision
- Experience designing responsive websites, iOS apps and Android apps
- Strong Experience working with Design Systems
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Experience in Agile tools such as Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence)
- Understand browser and device constraints
- Understanding of agile methods
- Appreciation of UX design
- Accessibility and usability standards
- Design experience on app
Closing Date: Friday 16th October 2020
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our UI/UX Designer, thenplease click 'apply' today.