nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
An opportunity has arisen for a Security Designer in our Warrington office who will be working on projects for our clients.
Reporting to Senior Design Manager, you will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed security design deliverables on schemes, predominately in the water industry on infra and non-infra projects as part of the AMP7 programmes we are engaged upon.What you'll be doing day to day
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- To assist with technical elements and pricing of framework bids and tenders
- Ascertaining Clients' requirements through reference to their specification documents and visiting sites with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual security requirement and propose appropriate solutions
- Working alongside the Senior Design Manager and Asset Security delivery staff to ensure security designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Promoting innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities
- To provide technical input into Electronic Security Installer / supplier subcontract orders
- The production of design documentation such as Functional Design Specification, Equipment Schedule, Camera Field of Views, Network Architecture, Cable Schedules.
- To feed information into Design Management Plan, Design Programme and other design quality deliverables.
- To review, check and approve Design Deliverables are technically correct and produced in line with the design programme
- To feed information to the Senior Design Manager on possible CE's and EWs relating to design changes or additional works
- To ensure that there is no scope creep, and to manage design changes through the Change Control Process
- To assist with the effective handover to the nmcn construction manager and commissioning manager
What we can offer you
- Experience and knowledge of integrated security systems including, Access Control, Intruder Alarm, Analogue CCTV, IP CCTV, Audio Challenge and Intercom systems
- Experience of system integration into both local and remote ARC (Alarm Receiving Centre) and RVRC (Remote Video Response Centre) central security management systems
- Water company experience beneficial
- Experience with AMTECH
- Sound knowledge of security equipment and devices
- BIM / PAS 1192
- Experience of producing URS and FDS documents (where applicable) to client briefs and specifications
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and temporary works requirements
- Possess an industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Chartered or pursuing chartership with 5+ years' experience within the security industry
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft packages (experience with AutoCAD software would be an advantage)
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance (ROLE DEPENDENT)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note - we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90996045