Telecoms Fibre Engineer - Team Leader, London and Home Counties - PermanentAre you looking for your next challenge?
We are currently seeking Fibre Engineers. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.You'll be working in a part of telent
that is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK's leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.You'll receive formal training
and on-the-job training where appropriate - to ensure you're up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.You'll be treated as an individual.
We're not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you'll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.Role Profile:
Reporting to the Delivery Manager you will be employed to install, connect and test optical fibre cable in the provision of PON (Passive Optical Networks) and spine routes on the Openreach external network.Typical Deliverables:
Behavioural Requirements:Safety Conscious
- Complete intrusive surveys ('rodding and roping') on the underground and overhead network to locate blockages and establish clear cable routes.
- Assess CBT (Connectorised Block Terminal) locations to minimise overhead road crossings.
- Produce A55 (Built) diagrams
- Install sub-duct and blow fibre cable on spine routes.
- Pull 6 core fibre cable on Passive Optical Network routes.
- Introduce fibre to nodes and CBT's (Connectorised Block Terminals)
- Build and create nodes (fibre cable joints).
- Splice and test external fibre cable.
- is pro-active in matters of safety and is committed to keeping pace with standards and legislation. Drives a safety-first culture with own team, suppliers and customers.Quality Focussed
- knows the importance of a right first-time culture, is a clear and proactive communicator promoting best practice across the business.Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
Excellent employee benefits:
- NRSWA Unit 2
- Driving licence that entitles driver to tow cable trailers
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are looking for an new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don't delay, apply today. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90993265