Looking for an experienced practice accountant. Hours and pattern negotiable (circa 20 up to full time). Office (Devizes) and remote based, salary dependent on experience (Job ref. JG2849)
Our client is an experienced and well-connected team of Accountants & Business Advisers with offices in Wiltshire, North Somerset & Gloucestershire. They are looking for a qualified practice accountant to join their Devizes team, someone who can bring not only great accountancy and client relationship skills, but who is also able to work well in a small business environment, be willing to "muck in", take the initiative and have some fun too.
You'll be a forward-thinking practice accountant, interested in finding new ways of working and willing to embrace new technology. The practice accountant role will include the use of a wide variety of cloud based software so if you aren't comfortable finding your way around new websites and learning for yourself how things work, this might not be the job for you.
Main Duties & Responsibilities• Building & maintaining client relationships
• Preparation of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and charities
• Preparation of personal and corporate Tax Returns
• Preparation of VAT Returns
• Being the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients and taking full responsibility for all their day-to day queries
• Providing excellent digital services and advice to clients to help continue the growth of the practice
• Reviewing the work of junior team membersPersonal Specification• ACA or ACCA Qualified but would consider unqualified if able to demonstrate good Practice experience
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Working knowledge of a variety of digital software including Xero and related apps
• Ability and drive to work as part of a team and independently
• Inquisitive, forward-thinking and proactive
• Confident dealing with clients, government agencies and other stakeholders.
• Comfortable helping and assisting junior staff
Our client would be interested in candidates with Audit or Payroll experience in a practice environment but these are not essential.
TermsThe company are more interested in the person rather than defining the hours you work. They are open to hearing from you whether you can offer school hours through to full time. There is flexibility on location and splitting the work across remote and office base. Parking at office will be reimbursed.
For this practice accountant role a competitive salary is on offer, dependent on your experience and the level of client you will be willing to take on. Pro-rated for part time.
LocationThe role will be based in their Devizes office.