We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to be based at our Kettleby Foods site in Melton Mowbray.
Kettleby Foods is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
The role of Management Accountant is to analyse and present key financial and operational data, in an accurate and timely manner, to assist senior management in making critical business decisions to ensure business growth and long-term success. Key responsibilities are:-
- Business partnering with the operations team to obtain operational awareness and to influence business decisions
- Analysing operational performance, identifying areas for improvement, and driving action to improve operational efficiencies (key focus on material waste control and labour efficiency)
- Responsible for reporting the weekly results including commentary to the senior leadership team in a timely manner
- Presenting the weekly results to the senior management team
- Reconciling material costs at month end, identifying and reporting on key variances in detail
- Establishing operational standards using both historic actual data and time and motion study
- Supporting the Head of Finance with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Working with Group Procurement to ensure accurate raw material price variance and inflation forecasts
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Professional accountancy qualification desirable (ACCA or CIMA)
- Proven manufacturing management accounting experience
- Competent in producing accurate financial reports whilst meeting strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner at all levels
- Ability to manage, maintain and build effective business partner/stakeholder relationships
- ERP systems knowledge and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, INDEX/MATCH, VBA / Macro functions)
What we have to offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme 'Quality Life' that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.