Thermo Fisher Scientific has an excellent opportunity an ambitious Part Qualified Accountant to join our team based in Paisley on a FTC . This is an exciting opportunity to work in an expanding European finance team in an organisation considered a global leader in its field which offers great career support, development and opportunities.Division Specific Information
The position is in the Accounting and Reporting team of our European Centre of Excellence. The centre provides financial controllership in the region for two of the Thermo Fisher Scientific groups - Life Sciences Solutions and Special Diagnostics. We are responsible for a large number of entities reporting a total of $2 Billion of revenue per year. Location: Paisley What will you do?
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities
- Prepare accounting entries. evaluate entries for completeness and accuracy
- Review general ledger activity, researching and correcting account discrepancies.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations, including general ledger accounts and sub-ledger accounts.
- Management reporting to corporate accounting teams through Hyperion
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Preparation and submission of government and other agency returns, including but not limited to tax returns and government statistics returns.
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Support requests from external and internal auditors as well as various groups companywide
- Complete ad-hoc projects as requested
What we offer:
- Degree or diploma in Accounting required; Professionally Part-qualified (working towards professional qualification)
- Accuracy is required in performing all aspects of the role
- Proactivity to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills to interact at various levels inside and outside the organisation
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Some travel required
We can offer excellent opportunities to progress your career along with training and a chance to be a part of a growing successful organization.
Attractive base salary & bonus to be discussed
On site subsidised gym facilities & free on site car parking
Core benefits include - BUPA healthcare coverage, Life Assurance policy (4 x base salary), Employee Assistance Program, Stakeholder pension scheme, 33 days annual leave plus including bank holidays
Flexible benefits include - dental scheme, option to upgrade or extend BUPA cover, Cycle to Work scheme, subsidized gym memberships, travel insurance, retail discount & more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best - professionally and personally.
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.