Accountant - Pentland JLR ElginIndustry leading salary & benefits
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team at Pentland JLR Elgin to work closely with the Head of Business of this long established and successful motor retail group. We are looking for a candidate that can help support our growth ambitions and hit the ground running. If you are forward-thinking, dynamic, determined, self-reliant, enthusiastic, optimistic, confident and friendly we want to talk with you!THE MAIN JOB FUNCTION
·Advise Dealer Principal and senior managers on the fiscal policies of Your Dealership Ltd and ensure adherence to them.
·Advise the Dealer Principal as necessary in the financial affairs of the business by providing professional expertise.
·Provide regular, accurate and meaningful financial accounts and other daily/weekly/period reports to Dealer Principal and senior managers as required.
·Oversee and control the dealership's borrowings and cash flow and liquidity, briefing the Dealer Principal daily.
·Monitor financial performance and produce Key Performance Indicators for all departments.
·Advise Departmental Managers on financial performance, margins, costs and overheads, comparing actual to plan.
·Ensure optimum cash operating cycle by careful control of creditors, debtors and stock.
·Ensure proper and safe custody of all cash and convertible securities on premises and in transit.
·Ensure that all confidential and sensitive records are stored and used within the requirements of the Data Protection Acts.
·Undertake all appropriate Company Secretarial duties.
·Enhance the reputation of Your Dealership Ltd. at every opportunity when interacting with others.MAIN WORK ACTIVITIESPersonnel:
·Determine the staffing levels required to achieve organisational targets and objectives.
·Ensure the department is fully staffed with appropriately qualified and experienced personnel.
·In consultation with the Personnel and Training Manager, establish training and development needs for all staff, plan the programmes, arrange courses and maintain records of training.Ensure that up-to-date and accurate documentation is maintained to allow for grant and fee redemption if available from time to time.
·Ensure that 'in-dealership training' takes place using skilled staff members to provide the highest standards of training in a cost effective manner.
·Work closely with and motivate all staff within the Accounts Department to ensure they work to the highest standard of professionalism, particularly with regard to confidentiality of information, attention to detail and completeness and accuracy of records.
·Operate the Your Dealership Ltd Staff Performance Appraisal System and ensure action is taken on results.
·Establish and review salary scales and incentive schemes within Your Dealership Ltd.'s pay plan structure in conjunction with, and with authority from, the Dealer Principal.Administration:
·Operate all financial and internal control systems within the dealership.
·Assist and advise the Dealer Principal in all financial reporting, business planning and budgeting.
·Control monitor and review, cash and liquidity positions daily to ensure that funds to undertake business activities are always available.
·Review dealership controls, both physical and fiscal, to ensure that the company's assets are not misappropriated.
·Maintain accurate and easily retrievable, record and archiving systems in line with the need to restore and reproduce information on demand from legal and taxation authorities.Communication and Interaction:
- Ensure the Dealer Principal, the Board of Directors and other dealership managers are aware of the dealership's financial position at all times.
- Maintain a timely flow of financial information to senior managers and encourage their response, investigation and feedback.
- Respond to managers' queries and enquiries, particularly with regard to analysis of accounts and information, to ensure that all fully understand the financial performance of their department and how it is measured.
- Maintain a good and positive working relationship with both debtors and creditors while maintaining tight control of cash and liquidity.
- Ensure Your Dealership Ltd.'s positive reputation and good relations with its banks and financiers, with the company's auditors, manufacturers and finance companies.
- Provide composite input and participate in the output of manufacturer composite information and inter-firm comparisons.
The John Clark Motor Group is a name synonymous with outstanding customer service, we are Scotland's 2nd largest independently family owned motor dealer. We proudly represent a number of inspirational brands, and have been trading for over 40 years, specializing in the sale of new and used vehicles from our 35 businesses across the East coast of Scotland.
We strongly believe in investing in our people and provide specialist training and development opportunities to help our employees progress their future and careers. In addition to dedicated in-house training, we offer the chance to work with exceptional brands and products, in a dynamic environment where we continue to work together as a family.In return for your hard work and dedication, you have the opportunity to earn an excellent salary, plus lots of fantastic benefits.
- Preferential rates on vehicle parts purchases and servicing.
- Industry leading discounted Employee Car Scheme
- 28 Day Holiday
- Award winning In-house and manufacturer training
- Cycle to work scheme
- State of the arts dealership standards
- High earning potential through commission or bonus
- Some roles offer company car
- Life assurance
- Group contributory pension scheme
- Careers development opportunities
If this sounds like you and you would love to be part of John Clark Motor Group then please APPLY now with an up to date copy of your CV. We look forward to hearing from you soon.Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application