Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We're no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we're committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to come and join our Finance Team at our Head Office in Ibstock, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate will be working very closely with the Finance Business Partners, this role is very hands on in terms of involvement in projections and month end completion, as well as the responsibility for key finance reports that drive decision making around production and costs in the main. The role assumes responsibility for key cost areas including repairs, hired plant and establishment costs, as well as involvement in employment and materials. The role also contributes to the correct accounting and reporting of capital expenditure to the level required within the business. The role also requires reviewing and challenging analysis to identify risks and opportunities in current processes. Key Accountabilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Production of monthly management accounts with precise analysis and insights
- Thorough Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Provide commentary on those areas of responsibility
- Accurate stock reconciliations, counts and valuations
- Liaison with Factories & Planning Dept to ensure month end forecasts are in line and variances followed up
- Provide assistance and good practice training to factories
- Ensure financial controls are adhered to
- Management of costs in the business area
- Provide analysis and financial information to influence and shape decisions and improve profitability
- Be able to challenge management to enable improvements
- Respond to audit questions from Internal & External Auditors
- Preparation & Maintenance of Monthly KPI Reporting
- Supporting Control of Capital Expenditure
- Understanding trading conditions
- Understanding key business drivers
- Understanding company culture and processes
- Detailed understanding of accounting - Cost
- Financial systems and controls
- AAT Qualified or QBE
- Manufacturing experience preferred but not essential
- IT/systems - JDE, Insight, Cognos, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Influencing, self-motivation, initiative and communication
- Able to work as part of a team