Assistant Project Worker
saha is a nationwide charity and a leading provider of residential centres, foyers, supported accommodation and move-on housing for single and homeless people across the UK.
We are on a transformation journey, striving to assist our residents and our staff alike, to help them in Transforming Lives. Our hard work has been rewarded as saha has been awarded a spot in the Times Best Companies Top 100 Not-For-Profit Organisation to Work For 2020.
Assistant Project Worker Requirements:
We're looking for you if you're someone who is looking for a meaningful job that makes a difference in the community, whilst being provided with flexibility and real potential for growth.
The role involves motivating residents to recognise and unlock their talents to enable them to achieve their full potential, whilst engaging them in the activities on offer in the service and wider community. You will work with residents to ensure that they receive a comprehensive supported housing service delivered to the highest possible standard & help provide a supporting role alongside Project workers in the delivery of tenancy related support, case management within the service ensuring that any practical support required is delivered to residents.
Develop and maintain good working professional relationships with all key stakeholders in the statutory and voluntary sector and ensure that the Project is publicised to all relevant agencies, local employers and the local community.
• You put the people we support at the heart of the work you do
• Previous experience of work with, vulnerable adults with complex needs.
• Experience of working in supported housing.
• Results driven whilst maintaining a high quality of support for our residents and ensuring governance compliance.
• Ability to forward plan and manage client case load.
• Ability to produce concise and accurate KPI intensive housing management reports.
• Good time management skills and able to manage workload appropriately.
• High level of numeracy and literacy skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent IT skills with ability to navigate housing management systems and databases.
• Ability to work outside normal working hours in accordance with the needs of the business in a shift working pattern
• Understanding the challenges facing vulnerable people and the difficulties that these can present in a supported housing environment.
• Understanding of people struggling with Mental Health Issues
• Housing management experience in a general needs or supported setting.
• Excellent understanding of welfare benefits, sanctions, universal credit, arrears management, anti-social behaviour, allocations and voids management.
• Experience of conducting needs assessments of clients in housing need.
• Good understanding of health and safety and risk assessments within a residential setting.
• Experience of working unsociable hours.
About Salvation Army Housing Association:
The Salvation Army Housing Association (saha) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential. We are currently going through a large period of growth and have a vacancy for Assistant Project Worker.
Location: Middlesbrough, TS4 2NS
Job type 20 hours per week on a rota and on calls
Salary: £9,068.80 (£18,317.60 pro rata) per annum
CLOSING DATE: 23 October 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Here at saha, we are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating inclusive environment for all current and future team members, working together to continue to help Transforming Lives.
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Project Worker, Project Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP, Care Assistant, etc