Our Wokingham client is recruiting for a Client Relationship Manager to provide an effective and efficient pensions administration service to Administration clients, supporting the administration team's objectives and actively contributing to the overall objectives of the Company.
The Client Relationship Manager will be responsible for developing the overall relationship with the client from an administrative perspective and maintaining high levels of satisfaction with the service from both the client and members alike.The successful candidate must have extensive experience in the Pensions industry, ideally with both DC and DB Pensions knowledge. Please only apply if your experience fits this requirement
Please note that we will consider flexible working arrangements for this role. Key responsibilities include:
Knowledge & experience
- Ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines to comply with legislative and clients' requirements.
- Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients.
- Preparing for and where appropriate participating in trustee meetings.
- Managing complex pensions queries and pensions consultative advice.
- Managing ad-hoc projects and exercises, e.g. scheme closure, data audit reports, liability reduction exercises. Ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
- Monitoring on going procedural developments and implementing changes to procedures where required.
- Contributing to technical sub-committees (TSC) and technical administration discussions.
- Managing the administration billing process.
- Keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry.
- Working closely with other departments/teams both internal and external to the Company in order to provide a total service to our clients. E.g. Pensions Accounts, Payroll, Administration Support and ITM (3rd party IT software provider).
- Managing new business tenders and presentations.
- Due to the changing nature of the business, you may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
Training, education & qualification
- This role is likely to appeal to individuals with a minimum of 10 years' experience working within the admin business of a third party administrator The role requires a combination of strong technical skills and the ability to manage client relationships at a senior level.
- You must be able to demonstrate a very thorough knowledge of pension administration activities and the ability to apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- Experience of both Defined Contributions (DC) and Defined Benefits (DB) schemes is preferred.
- You must be able to demonstrate a very wide and deep knowledge of the various key areas of pensions legislation including pensions taxation, contracting out and preservation.
- Proven experience of handling complex member queries and calculations is essential.
- Previous presentational experience is required in order to lead in client meetings and new business presentations.
- Previous project management experience would be required to perform pension administration project based work.
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B.
- APMI (or deemed 'qualified by experience').