Are you an RF engineer with over 5 years' experience looking to join a company who have won a number of high profile projects?
Ford and Stanley - The Digital Rail Specialists are looking to recruit RF Communications for a Prestigious UK Client based in Scunthorpe.Key Responsibilities
- Test and commissioning of BTS
- Test and Commissioning of Repeater Systems
- Termination and Test of RF propagation systems and Antenna
- Installation of RF equipment and Cabinets
- Connection of RF equipment to DC supplies and testing to BS7671 regulations
- Battery Installation and Testing
- Installation and fixing of cable/feeder management systems
- Acting as Tester in Charge where appointed to oversee and undertake testing requirements as per the agreed Test Plan.
- Writing of test specifications and required Test Plans
- Review of RF design implementation and coordination with design team as to requirements
- Co- ordination with Engineer Manager and Project Manager regarding the planning of works
- Accurate creation of Test reports and redlines from Field for submission to Design and Test Managers
- Survey and inspection of locations for implementation of RF systems
- Creation of Survey Reports
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Radio/RF Field engineering environment preferably in the Rail industry. Should be able to educate others in the competence.
- Accountability for the Testing and Commissioning of primarily GSM-R Systems including BTS, RFOF Repeaters, Off Air Repeaters and associated Antenna propagation Systems.
- To manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to Test and commissioning, on all Telecoms Radio related projects and check whether they comply with legislation, Railway Group and Network Rail company standards.
- Ideal candidate will know the fundamentals of Radio Frequency and its use in mobile communications and WiFi.
- Role is field based working in the Field Engineering team in the survey, deployment, commissioning, maintenance, repair and support of its RF coverage solutions on a UK wide basis.
- Must be motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Desirable - understanding of Fibre and fibre testing,
- Rigging/climbing activities
- Knowledge of Mobile Communications GSM-R/GSM/UMTS/TETRA
- Hold certification in RF, Wireless technologies and networking preferable
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to deal effectively with clients and to provide the highest level of service to those clients
- Experience of: installation and configuration of radio and networking equipment plus troubleshooting - ideally Nortel/Kapsch BTS Series and Cobham Wireless Repeater systems
- Expected to have a solid understanding and have proficient ability in the use of RF instrumentation and tools- e.g. Anritsu Site Master, PIM Master, Spectrum Analyser,
- Expected to be able to terminate and test Feeder Systems and connectorisation.
- Experience of Telecoms Power Supplies and Battery backup systems
- Ability to write Test Specifications and Test Plans
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90977079