Release Manager: Up to £59,589, circa 27% pension contributions, being a part of a greater purpose, flexible working and lots of great benefitsDWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Are you a guardian of IT Service Management?
- Do you have expertise in Customer Service Management in a complex Cloud environment?
- Are you pro-active in managing and solving problems in Supply Chain Management?
We're looking for an experienced Release Manager to join DWP's Digital Workplace project and become a key part of one of the UK's biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation tech-driven reform of government products and services.
DWP Digital deliver world-class digital solutions which touch the lives of millions of people, including our friends, neighbours and some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
In this role you'll help create a working environment and experience for the people behind those solutions to ensure are equipped to provide the best possible service and support to DWP users.Duties. Work. Projects.
You'll join our Digital Workplace team. We
support over 84,000 DWP employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications and operating out of more than 800 UK sites.
So far we've moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous large outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising service performance.
We are also improving communication and collaboration, with a mixture of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we're making sure our people have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
You'll be our Release Manager. You will manage releases through test, and into live. You will plan releases, manage builds through test phases and environments, and ensure successful deployment.
You'll work with diverse product teams on the contents of releases, manage release scopes and re-prioritisations, and have a clear understanding of dependencies and the impact of changes to Digital Workplace products as a whole.
You'll recognise this role, but we think this is an opportunity in a unique context and with a scale and scope that you probably won't find elsewhere.
You will need understand our unique business needs and priorities as a large and complex enterprise organisation. We deliver services of national significance, not projects, and our work has a real, tangible impact on millions of DWP users.
You should be comfortable taking responsibility. We need you to mobilise and build the capability needed to get the job done. You'll providing leadership and business knowledge to colleagues and management suppliers and contractors when we need them. What skills and experience are we looking for?
Where you'll work
- You can lead the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, liaise with business and IT partners on scheduling and communication, and conduct post release reviews
- You have broad experience of Service Management Frameworks, including ITIL
- You seek out shared interests beyond your own area, understanding extent of the impact actions have on the organisation.
- You inspire and motivate teams to be fully engaged in their work and dedicated to their role.
- You set out clear processes and standards for managing performance at all levels, ensuring delivery of timely quality outcomes, through providing the right resources to do the job, setting expectations and rewarding success
- You communicate with others in a clear, honest and enthusiastic way while explaining complex issues in a way that is easy to understand.
Your base will be in Manchester but you can also travel in to other Northern hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, or Sheffield but your colleagues will be located in Manchester. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We've just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJRDetails. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £xxx, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
We look for capability and evidence of your skills, not years of experience. We'll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. We want to see what have you delivered before when applying your technical implementation skills, what technical solutions have you shaped, and enabled. Show us what you have done and what you can do.
If you have any questions before you apply get in touch with me via
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90976625