Our client based in Milton Keynes is a leading provider of lighting products sold predominantly through its own websites. Their mission is to deliver the best quality products along with exceptional customer service. This is a 24/7 business and the smooth running of the IT systems are a key factor in maintaining all parts of the operation.
The company uses a Hyper Converged Infrastructure
to manage their ERP system, Microsoft Dynamic Nav2018
, which they will shortly be looking to upgrade to Microsoft Business Central.
There are around 50 users of the system both office and home based, most of whom also use Microsoft Office 365
Integrated into the ERP system is the Magento
web platform as well as a stock demand forecasting package. The company has around 5000 products and has written its own Product Information System.
Also integrated to the ERP system is Credit Card processing module incorporating a fraud protection system. There is also an inbuilt shipping module linked to the carrier network. The Role
After a sustained period of rapid growth the company is now looking to recruit an experienced Assistant IT Manager
to join the team. The successful candidate must have a proven experience in managing:
- The day-to-day efficient running of the all the systems
- Several external hardware and software support partners
- The network security and scheduling of upgrades
- The secure network for remote users
- The functionality of all the systems to support continual improvement
- The Disaster Recovery and Back Up processes, testing and improvements
This role will have a small number of direct reports and in turn will report to the IT Director.Special skills
The candidate will need to demonstrate they have a proven experience in:
- SQL and Microsoft Dynamics NAV2018 and Business Central
- Programming in application language (AL)
- Managing a team of internal and external support staff including programmers
- Understanding the integration of Magento
- Must be able to understand how all parts of the business operate
- Must be prepared to work as part of a team on their own initiative
- Must be very well organised with the ability to prioritise workload
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary which will be negotiable based on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90975907