Educ8 are working with an Independent, special school based in a in Greenwich.
The Governors are seeking a Deputy Head teacher or aspiring AHT to join them in January 2021 (or sooner)
The role is open to Senior teachers either Mainstream or SEN settings with a strong track record of delivering highly positive outcomes for students with mixed abilities.
A minum of five years teaching experience is required
Their mission is to create, adapt, and implement functional curricular necessary to meet the diverse needs of their student population and increase current and future independance
The deputy headteacher will take a major role in:
* Formulating the aims and objectives of the school
* Establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives
* Managing staff and resources to that end
* Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school's aims and objectives
* Support with the day-to-day management of the school
* Communicate the school's vision compellingly and support strategic leadership
* Lead by example, holding and articulating clear values and moral purpose, and focusing on providing excellent education for all pupils
* Build positive relationships with all members of the school community, showing positive attitudes to them
* Keep up to date with developments in education, and have a good knowledge of education systems locally, nationally and globally
* Work with political and financial astuteness, translating policy into the school's context
* Seek training and continuing professional development to meet own needs
* Demand ambitious standards for all pupils, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on pupil outcomes
* Ensure excellent teaching in the school, including through training and development for staff
* Establish a culture of 'open classrooms' as a basis for sharing best practice
* Create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported to develop their skills and knowledge
* Identify emerging talents, coaching current and aspiring leaders
Interviews are being held at school week beginning 19th and 26th of October. Please feel free to contact Maura Maginn in confidence for further information.
Educ8 is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people and expects all applicants to share the same commitment