Protocol Education are currently recruiting a committed and passionate English teacher to work in one of our secondary schools in Sheffield. This is a long-term opportunity starting from November 2020 running through to the end of the academic year. The ideal candidate for this role will need to demonstrate a trustworthy track record showcasing consistent results and raising attainment, passion towards the academic development of pupils, and ability to engage, empower and encourage students.
As an English teacher, you would also lead the department and be responsible for the subject across the entire school as well as assess to identify a pupil's numeracy needs. The school expects pupils to progress by at least a third of a level or grade on a termly basis.
Pay & Benefits
• Excellent pay rate based on your experience.
• Guaranteed work for an academic year at a school where you can focus on teaching.
• All the flexibility of supply with the security of a guaranteed work.
• Opportunity to enhance your career by working at an outstanding school.
• Possible opportunity to go perm.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate the below:
• QTS Status or equivalent qualification.
• Previous experience delivering English lessons up to KS5.
• Ability to demonstrate methods of assessment.
• Excellent subject knowledge and a passion for English.
• Commitment and reliability.
• Hold an enhanced DBS registered on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
• Able to provide two school-based references.
If you're looking for a deeply rewarding new challenge, please get in touch on (phone number removed) or Simply email your CV to (url removed)