Practice Manager - Salisbury
A reason to smile. That's what we're all about at mydentist. We're Europe's largest dental company.
Our patients come first. It's as simple as that. Their oral health, the quality of care they receive, the experience they get when they're with us - nothing matters more.
What is the job?
As a Practice Manager you will be responsible for driving your practice's performance by delivering set objectives relating to patient care, revenue targets, KPIs and cost management. You will recruit, retain and directly manage a team of professional self-employed Clinicians plus the employed support staff on site; Nurses, Receptionists and Cleaners. A Practice Manager is responsible for audit and financial processes which must be completed to company and CQC standards.
You will receive support from your Area Manager, Clinical Support Manager and Clinical Director plus have full access to our mydentist Support Centre specialist teams.
I would be great at that! What skills do I need?
• Strong Man-management experience including conducting one-to-ones, performance reviews and managing staff development (essential)
• Motivation and drive to make your role a success
• Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with colleagues, clinical professionals, customers and senior management.
• Organisation skills including prioritising important deadlines whilst managing reactive business needs
• Strong commercial awareness/business acumen - Experience of analysing financial data including profit and loss accounts to make problem solving commercial decisions relating to practice EBITDA
• Experience of working within a dental environment is preferred however applications from those who have gained management experience in the healthcare or retail industry will also be accepted
Tell me more...
As a mydentist Practice Manager you will complete a 8-12 week comprehensive induction programme which includes face-to-face, on the job and online learning modules.
The working pattern for this role would be 40 hours across Monday-Friday managing our 5 surgery practice in Salisbury.
What will I be expected to achieve?
We are looking for a Manager who has strong leadership skills, is commercially minded and able to drive the business forward.
Anything else I should know?
A legal requirement of your role is to become a CQC registered Manager. Mydentist will support you in your application and interview following your induction. More information can be found online.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
We ask that all of our Practice Managers are committed to ongoing training and development - this may include sessions and workshops held regionally or at our mydentist Academy in Manchester.
I'm interested! What next?