£20,000 - £22,000
Valeco Recruitment are working exclusively with our client based at The Edinburgh Technopole and they are now on the market due to growth to recruit a permanent full time Finance Assistant.
Training will be conducted in their offices for the first five weeks following strict government guidelines and your role will then be based at home.
The team are a small hardworking team of industry professionals and now is the ideal time to join as the company grows and develops in their field of expertise.
Based in the busy finance function you will report into the Finance Manager and be given autonomy once you feel competent and confident to be able to work from home with your own daily duties and key business responsibilities.
So, what does this role involve?
* Bank reconciliations
* Processing invoices and payments
* Checking and running statements
* Liaising and working with suppliers
* Purchasing for the organisation and ensuring all documents are accurately inputted for reporting along with PO numbers
* Issuing sales invoices
* Journal and general ledger
* VAT returns and liaising with HMRC
* Collating reports on Excel to report to the Finance Manager
* Processing payroll (small number of permanent and contract staff)
And there will be in time ad hoc tasks and projects you can be involved in.
What do we require from you as a candidate?
* Firstly, we require this person to be able to and have a track record in completing all the above(payroll is desirable and not essential)
* You will come with glowing references
* Exceptional attention to detail and high accuracy skills
* PC literate - Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Xero ideally, however not essential and would consider other systems including Sage
* Excellent communicator over the telephone, face to face and via email
* Be confident in dealing with people at all levels
Our client is offering a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. The starting salary is depending on experience between £20,000 - £22,000 along with a pension, free parking, and 28 days holiday per year.
Please apply with your cover letter we love to hear more about you that includes why you are on the market, what your current or most recent salary and package is/was, your availability for interview and why you for this role and don't forget your CV.
Please note due to the volume of applicants on the market if we have not emailed you after 48 hours of your application your application has not been considered at this time. We would love to respond to everyone, however at this time we are unable to manage this. Please follow us on our Facebook Page for future suitable opportunities.
Interviews with Valeco Recruitment will be held via Skype/Zoom and our client can also offer the same or face to face socially distancing in their office to give you a good idea of the company and environment