We have solved complex problems for over 100 years and we're just getting started!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Test Systems Manager who will be responsible for the development and commissioning of Test Equipment including the corresponding safety considerations, documentation and maintenance aspects. This will require working closely with Development Project Teams to define Product Test requirements and also ensure Design for Manufacture / Design for Test issues are considered.
It will entail working with Manufacturing to integrate Test Equipment into current Production Cells, with a focus on minimizing Production costs and times.
Manage the Test Systems Department to achieve delivery of required Test equipment within budget and to Project Timescales.Key responsibilities:
Requirements:Substantive experience in a Test Engineering in a Production environment
- Development, construction and procuring of Production Test Equipment in line with the requirements defined by Engineering. The solutions generated: to benefit for purpose, robust and cost effective. This will involve specifying Hardware, developing Software, commissioning programming PCBs.
- Ensure Test Equipment complies with Company Health and Safety guidelines, this includes organising safety Reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure Test Documentation, User Manuals and Build Records are kept updated.
- Write, approve and issue Test Specifications/ Procedures according to the Company Document Configuration Processes.
- Work with Engineering to help resolve technical issues that may arise during the development of a product.
- Monitor the test times within the product cost: where appropriate, Implement improvements to test equipment and processes that result in efficiency improvements.
- Manage and plan the department workload, this includes resourcing and resolving priority conflict issues. Reporting on estimated delivery dates and adherence to costs targets.
- Work with the supplier base delivering to Operations, to assess if they have appropriate tes t equipment.
- Give accurate estimates of test equipment costs required for the Bid Process.
- Create business cases for investment1n new test equipment.
- Represent Test at Design Reviews and Project Meetings; to -ensure all Test and Acceptance activities are identified and designs are optimized in line with OFT considerations.
- Manage direct reports, highlighting any development/ training needs and monitoring 1f targets are being met.
- Manage third part test equipment suppliers.
- Attend Production daily standups, giving status updates on priorities. resources, equipment, documentation and user training.
- Provide Test operator training on product testing and fault finding.
- Take responsibility for in-house Test equipment, ensuringit
is fully logged, labeled, calibrated, serviced and safety tested
Empowering you to reach your full potential
- Demonstrable experience with Development/ Provision/ Management of Test Facilities, ideally within the Defence industry
- Experience of Departmental Management, eg control departmental budget and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Knowledge of Analogue and Digital electronics, Signal Processing and RF Techniques.
- Knowledge of appropriate programming applications (e.g. NI l abVIEW ) and ATE hardware (GPIB, PXI and USB based hardware) is essential.
- Ability to get SC level Security Clearance mandatory for this role
We trust and empower each other, we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we're never satisfied until we've done what we said we'd doSecurity clearance
Applicants will be required to meet SC Level security clearanceHow to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.