Our specially built hospital and first-class facilities are home to an integrated and multidisciplinary team. We provide care across four specialist wards, including psychiatric intensive care, Specialist Female Personality Disorder Service and low security wards for women and men. In line with our focus on recovery and reintegration, our hospital is ideally located for access to local community facilities and step down settings within the Cygnet family.
We are a quality driven service constantly striving to improve the quality of care we deliver to our service users we do this by having memberships with the following quality initiatives:
- NAPICU is committed to developing and promoting the specialty of psychiatric intensive care and low secure services. They are dedicated to improving patient experience and outcome, and to promoting staff support and development. NAPICU promote research, education and practice development using quarterly meetings and annual conferences, their journal, training initiatives and the website and their social media.
- AIMS (Accreditation of Inpatient Mental Health Services) peer focused Quality reviews. AIMS is a national project developed to ensure best practice is being achieved in in-patient mental health PICU services. Amongst other things the AIMS peer review team assess standards of care, current facilities, standards of documentation and health records, environmental facilities, and staff training qualifications, support and supervision.
We are located within 40 minutes of Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield which can all be accessed by local transport.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate, highly motivated Clinical Team Leader (RMN/RNLD)
to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team.We have an exciting opportunity to pilot a small team of dedicated, passionate and resilient staff to work directly with a female service user who has complex challenging and confrontational behaviours and suffers with a complex eating disorder.
We offer a 38.5 hours contract
(shift work, 7 days per week, days only
) at Cygnet Hospital Bierley
and in addition to competitive pay rate there are many benefits on offer including but not limited to:
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Ongoing support and supervision to aid professional development
- Free parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCNi membership
There are career progression opportunities within Cygnet Hospital Bierley including the possibility of progressing to Ward Manager. We support all our nurses to develop and identify their career goals so that we can tailor development opportunities to their personal needs.Within the role you will be expected to:
You will have...Essential:
- Undertake a range of clinical duties which contributes to the provision of high quality care for a complex needs patient
- Work as part of a specialised team
- Ensure Cygnet clinical policies and procedures are complied with, and where appropriate, implement local protocols
- Ensure assessments of risk and care needs are undertaken, in respect of the service user for whom you act as named nurse
- Ensure a plan of care and risk management is carried out to meet the needs of the service user and that these are reviewed and evaluated regularly with engagement from the service user.
- Complete clinical audits as required, presenting the findings and report at the Clinical Audit meeting as per the audit schedule
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team to ensure the service users' needs are met
- Act in such a way as to uphold the rights of the service user
- Experienced RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number (at least three years' experience)
- Have previous experience supporting service users with challenging and confrontational behaviour
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Be able to work in fast-paced changing environment
- An excellent communicator and a good team player
Cygnet Health Care
- The ability to deputise in a Manager role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.What next?
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!If you are interested, please click the link to apply.