We are recruiting for a Principle Mechanical and Energy Engineer to set, develop and monitor appropriate and acceptable standards of service, in respect of mechanical engineering design and maintenance, and energy conservation issues across the estate and to support the zero carbon pathway and commitment.
The role is a contract position for circa 6 months. Mon-Fri 35-40 hours per week with flexible working. Pay is between £27-35/hr depending on experience and payment method.
Duties:· To effectively direct and manage all resources allocated
· To manage a team of mechanical and energy engineers and other technical staff, in the development and monitoring of cost effective PPM, reactive maintenance schemes, and energy efficiency and carbon reduction across buildings and infrastructure.
· To work closely with the Sustainability department to support the development, implementation and reporting of the zero carbon pathway. This includes developing and overseeing an ongoing programme of energy efficiency, carbon reduction and measures to decarbonise the site.
· Provide specific advice within the area of technical expertise on a routine basis and provide professional mechanical and energy support
· Establish and maintain standard specifications for both new installations and maintenance activities as appropriate
· Conduct or commission an ongoing programme of mechanical and energy condition surveys to assist in the development of a long-term maintenance plan and support the zero carbon pathway.
· Design, implement and maintain policies that ensure mechanical maintenance and energy procurement is carried out in a manner that meets legislative, statutory, safety requirements, good practice, is cost effective and supports the zero carbon pathway.
· Develop outline design briefs to enable the commissioning of internal and external consultants
· Assist in the development and implementation of performance-monitoring systems to provide evidence that in house teams, contract labour and contractors are providing value for money.
· Assist in the setting up of performance management systems incorporating Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
· Responsible Person for Legionella, monitor and implement works to keep the compliant
· Construct and direct the works associated with the Energy, Maintenance and small works budgets, and implement via the in-house project teams or via external Consultants
· Act as the main contact for Mechanical and Energy matters to the consultants working on Construction projects
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience: ·
Appropriate academic qualification to Master's Degree level in a Mechanical, Electrical and Energy engineering related discipline.
· Be a Chartered Engineer and hold Professional Chartered Membership of the CIBSE.
· An established track record and experience in Mechanical and Energy engineering management, and carbon management across a wide portfolio of building types.
· Experience setting and monitoring standards.
· Experience of producing quality briefing documents to enable consulting engineers to develop design briefs
· Experience of producing high quality reports and correspondence, and giving clear oral reports/presentations.
· Experience of managing and controlling budgets/resources/funding.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer