Twyver a specialist Switchgear and Critical Power Solutions provider with over 80 years of experience and a well-recognised name in the industry is looking to recruit a Contract Engineer. The role will see you carry out project delivery from start to finish. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in the LV Switchgear industry delivering on projects.
Commutable from: Cheltenham, Worcester, Bristol, Newport, Swindon
Salary: Competitive Salary + Bonus + Pension + 24 days holiday
Suitable for: Electrical Engineer, Contract Engineer, Project Engineer
* Assumes overall responsibility for the project and tenders in terms of financial performance, deadline compliance and technical performance of the work.
* Responsible for the management of projects under his authority, covering all activities.
* Responsible for determining the projected cost estimates at the end of business deals for which, he is responsible and gives reports to the BU General Manager proposing solutions to resolve discrepancies with the budget.
* Organises bid and contract reviews and monitors changes in the contract.
* Verifies & validates sales orders before acknowledging receipts.
* Ensures the Quarterly Account Closing of his projects are properly carried out and the forecast estimates are dully performed.
* Manages the procurement and purchases for his project.
* Is the customer interface for every aspect of his project.
* Develop and manage key customer relationships, through regular reviews of contract performance with customers, understanding and managing needs and gaps
* Seek opportunities for business growth both within and outside the existing contract base
* Good understanding of LV Switchgear design & manufacture is needed
* Degree or HNC/HND qualified in Electrical engineering or equivalent technical discipline would be ideal
* Experience of working in the LV Switchgear environment is highly advantageous
* Ability to attend site, discuss projects with clients and able to provide a quotation on the requirement.
* Good understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in assessing value / evaluating variations of works undertaken.
* Calm professional manner, but able to take firm and timely decisions.
* Positive "can do" attitude, be proactive to identify and resolve management problems.
* Able to work extended and/or unsocial hours to the full requirements of the role.
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
* Ability to deliver projects and possess the organisational skills required to do so to demanding deadlines.
To apply to this role, please send an updated CV to James Sloane. For more information, please call James - (phone number removed)