Teaching Personnel are currently seeking a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Supply Teacher to work at one of our local school's in Devizes. The school is a specialist school for pupils with Communication and Interaction difficulties, with all the additional resources, staffing and expertise required to support this. The pupils are grouped in small, well-staffed classes and provided with high quality learning and teaching opportunities, including Learning Outside the Classroom (LOTC).
Working on a supply basis offers great flexibility and freedom from planning and preparation. Your duties will involve:
- delivering the lessons in accordance with the class teachers planning
- encouraging and supporting pupils
- you may be required to mark pupils work
This is a temporary position but there is the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate must:
- Be confident working with SEN students
- Be resilient
- Have experience teaching in a school
- Hold QTS (NQTs are accepted)
- Be confident covering a range of subjects across the curriculum
To be successful in this role it is desirable if you:
- have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs, or a willingness to learn
- are able to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of a Teacher in a special needs school
- Have the ability to engage pupils in their learning and support them in their social, emotional and personal wellbeing
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.