Siemens Mobility are recruiting an Assistant Bid Manager for our Rail Infrastructure business in Birmingham. Working closely with all disciplines within the Bids and Tendering department and the wider business, the Assistant Bid Manager will ensure delivery of high quality, consistent winning bids, and effectively mobilizing these to the project delivery team.
The Bids and Tendering function is a centralized bidding team that is responsible for the delivery of all bids for Siemens Rail Infrastructure (RI) business, ensuring appropriate levels of governance and accuracy is applied to a winning strategy.What will be my Key Responsibilities?
What Skills, Knowledge and Experience will I need?Essential:
- Support the Senior Bid Manager in the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award
- Own the creation of winning tenders through full bid lifecycle from Bid/No-Bid through to customer negotiation and Contract Award for values up to £5M.
- Support the definition and implementation of a winning bid strategy ensuring a breakdown of tender requirements and assist with the coordination of all technical, commercial and financial aspects of the estimation and proposal creation process (including pricing structures, subcontract partnerships etc.)
- Preparation and coordination of compelling tender documentation ensuring high levels of consistency and quality, that adequately captures our offer, provides an accurate baseline for a future project, incorporates lessons learned, and mitigates company risks
- Preparation of all review meeting materials and coordination of the close-out of all actions
- Supporting the business leads in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial and commercial considerations.
- Production and delivery of presentations (internal and external to the client) up to Senior management Level
- Responsible for transferring knowledge from the tendering team to the Delivery team, verifying the tender and achieving scope stability and handover to Delivery
- Accurate management of bid budgets, and ensuring Siemens RI company policies and procedures (including quality assurance) as suitably followed, striking the right balance between governance and cost efficiency
- Assist in improving company processes and standards in relation to bid management and the wider functional areas
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a business or technically related discipline.
- Able to assist in the successful management of the delivery of bids through corporate governance procedures, including parallel approval workstreams (e.g. financial, technical, commercial etc.)
- A sound understanding of bid management processes from an engineering perspective, in a regulated industry.
- Possess a good understanding of the way in which railway-signalling projects are managed and delivered in order to influence, monitor and challenge every aspect of the bid i.e. finance, engineering, planning, delivery and commercial inputs.
- Commercially astute, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light and minimise risk to the business.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with people at mid-management levels within Siemens RA and customer organisations, whilst fostering strong working relationships.
- High degree of mobility to spend a time away from the agreed 'base' office as required.
- A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications and corporate tools.
- Experience of bid management / project management / bid administration for large and/or complex tenders/projects.
- Business development experience in order to support the Key Account Manager in developing a winning proposal to customers and to support negotiations.
- Matrix management experience in leading teams, motivating and directing team members to a shared goal
- IEE or MIRSE preferable.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Siemens Mobility LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: