SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST (BAND 6/7 EQUIVALENT)
PART TIME 18.5 HOURS PER WEEK
SALARY NEGOTIABLE (dependent on experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our Multi-Disciplinary team to deliver a person-centred therapy service to adults with acquired communication and swallowing problems. We are seeking a dynamic therapist to join our developing team of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Nurses at All Hallows, Suffolk. All Hallows is part of the Oakleaf Group, a leading provider of specialist brain injury inpatient rehabilitation services.
All Hallows Specialist Neurological Rehabilitation Centre supports men and women with complex healthcare needs having experienced a brain injury, stroke or other neurological event. The services provided at All Hallows comprise: Active / Complex Rehabilitation, High Dependency & Specialist Nursing Care, Progressive Neurological Conditions and Community Rehabilitation.
The role will involve:
* Using evidence based/client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
* Providing direct speech and language interventions, as well as advise clients, their families and relevant staff, on the management of communication and dysphagia.
* Contributing to the supervision and specialist training of members of the multidisciplinary team.
* Contributing to service development.
Successful Candidate will have:
* Registration with professional bodies - HCPC and RCSLT
* Post graduate Dysphagia qualification and experience
* Experience in working with a range of neurological conditions including stroke, traumatic brain injury and degenerative conditions
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of competence in the management of acquired disorders of communication and swallowing and an in-depth knowledge of the physical, psychological, behavioural and emotional consequences of disability
* Skills in establishing and maintaining a research culture within the service.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES