Our Vision for NHS Fife is that, everyone is able to live longer, healthier lives at home, or in a homely setting. We will have a healthcare system with integrated health and social care, and a focus on prevention, anticipation and supported self management.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Planning, Projects and Costing Accountant to join our Finance department. The purpose of this role is to work within finance to prepare robust financial planning, management of income and allocations and to deliver a fully completed cost book which will facilitate decision making. The role will also involve managerial responsibility for the management accounts team.
The Financial Planning, Projects and Costing Accountant will combine both financial expertise and business acumen to prepare valuable costing information which will support the decision making processes within NHS Fife. The role is pivotal within the business to ensure that a forward looking approach to financial modeling is adopted and to facilitate management of financial resources.
• Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
• Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme, 27 day's annual leave on commencement that increases with length of service, public holidays and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also support career development, with access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop strong, credible and professional relationships with a variety of stakeholders, to enable effective communication of finance developments
• Provide clear and expert advice on a range of financial issues including, financial planning, resource allocation and costing
• Lead and support the management accounts team, providing opportunities for development and co-ordination of work plans in order to support the wider finance team
• Use a variety of tools and reporting packages to enable effective benchmarking and data analysis across a number of metrics
• Responsible for ensuring the existence of a strong control environment within Financial Planning and adherence to NHS Fife's financial policies and procedures
• Ensure best practice is delivered and shared with the entire Finance function
Skills & Experience
• Qualified Accountant with previous success in a financial management accounting role
• Wider financial reporting, control and process experience desirable
• Health Care Industry experience preferable
• Knowledge and understanding of national health policy and the impact on financial planning and control
• Excellent Excel modelling, Power Point and general IT skills
• Exceptional organisational skills that promote good time management when managing competing demands
Join a dynamic and first class working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our mission: Transforming health and care in Fife to be the best.
For informal enquiries please contact Caroline Leitch onext 28479.
NHS Fife is legally obliged to ensure all its employees are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom. All applicants are required to confirm their right to work in the UK in their application. If you are not a United Kingdom (UK), European Community (EC) or European Economic Area National please state the visa category under which you are legally entitled to work in the UK on your application form and the expiry date of your leave to remain in the UK.