We are investigators, problem solvers, brilliant thinkers, relentless explorers, we are Ultra!
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to play a pivotal leadership role in the development of our next generation of large Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and Torpedo Defence (TD) systems for the Naval Market. Ultra has been highly successful in being down selected for a number of such large programmes for which key leadership roles are created.
As the Project Engineering Manager, you will
* Be responsible for all IADS engineering work packages; managing work package leads and the engineering team to ensure successful delivery of engineering activities, whilst maintaining appropriate quality of engineering outputs.
* Manage the planning and execution of IADS engineering activities, including the development of plans, procedures, work instructions and strategies for the mitigation of technical risk.
* Hold accountability for overall IADS engineering team performance in meeting schedule performance and achieving engineering milestones for the assigned scope-of-work.
* Work with other engineering/support stakeholders and discipline specialists (where necessary) to review engineering risk, and to develop respective mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
* Work closely with the IADS Programme Manager, Design Authority, System Architect and Software Project Engineering Lead to drive the resolution of technical, programme and/or resource problems and conflict.
Skills, Qualification and Experience as the Project Engineering Manager
* Experience of leading large interdisciplinary engineering teams to deliver complex systems.
* Experience in the defence domain and a working knowledge of sonar systems desirable.
* Experience across the whole project lifecycle.
* Autonomy in making day to day decisions regarding cost, schedule, efficiency, and quality of engineering project activities.
* Manage, motivate and support development of team members to ensure that they fulfil their roles and meet targets effectively and on a timely basis to agreed quality standards.
* The ability to influence others and direct them towards a goal without reliance on authority or position.
* Ability to disseminate a wide range of technical information from subject matter experts.
* Used to dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and senior management.
* Degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Chartered Professional Engineer (CEng) or equivalent.
* Good team player, with a proactive, collaborative approach and an ability to motivate others.
* Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to present complex information to senior managers and customers in a clear and concise fashion.
This role will require travel within the UK and overseas (India) on a regular basis.
Applicants will be required to meet SC level clearance