Job Title - Category Tower Manager
Function - Supply Chain
Location - Normanton or Equinox House
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Tower Manager to join our dynamic Supply Chain team. The Category Tower Manager will be required to oversee the day to day contract and performance management of the Category Tower Service Provider (CTSP), which includes the development and delivery of the category management strategy activities to increase market share growth to 80% and contribute to the delivery of the £600m savings targets. A key element in achieving the savings required will be to ensure the CTSP is working with Customer groups (including Lead Reference Trusts) to develop and agree the category management strategies and the subsequent procurement strategies
What does a Category Tower Manager do at NHS Supply Chain?
If successful, you will join one of the largest transformation programmes in the UK, during an extremely exciting part of the journey - as SCCL continue to implement our vision.
This is a unique opportunity to join a procurement 'Centre of Excellence', providing the opportunity to make a real difference to the way the NHS procures its services and supplies, and ultimately a lasting difference to people's lives.
A Category Tower Manager has oversight and visibility of the Category Tower Service Provider's development and implementation of category management strategies that will drive significant value to the NHS.
We would like to explore this opportunity with innovative procurement professionals who are able to demonstrate:
* An excellent commercial awareness, relentless customer focus and the agility and flexibility to flourish in an ambiguous and growing landscape
* Significant contract / category management experience with strong stakeholder and supplier management skills, and the ability to influence at senior level
* Experience of working in a procurement capacity, either in the public or private sector. Previous experience of working in a healthcare / medical environment would be advantageous but is not mandatory
* Broad-based, transferable procurement skills and experience with the ability to apply these to a new product or service category with ease
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
* Analytical - Interpretation of multiple and sometimes complex data, root cause analysis
* Communication skills - written, verbal & presentation across numerous stakeholders both internal and external.
* Working relationships - Developing cross functional relationships and alignment across key business objectives.
* Contract & Performance Management - Ability to monitor the performance contract areas in scope by effectively resolving or escalating issues and concerns further as needed to prevent crises
* CIPS (or working towards), Project Management
In return for your passion, enthusiasm and hard work you will be rewarded with an attractive salary and benefits package, consisting of:
* A competitive salary
* Performance led bonus scheme,
* 35 days holiday (including bank holidays) and you can purchase additional days through a purchase scheme
* Contributory pension scheme
* Flexible benefits scheme - you will be able to choose from a variety of benefits that suit you
* High street discounts
* National Annual season ticket purchase scheme
* Eye Care vouchers
* Employee Assistance Programme
NHS Supply Chain, who are we?
Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a government organisation that acts as the management function for the NHS Supply Chain. We proudly deliver supply chain excellence and best value to NHS customers and patients through innovation, service and clinical expertise.
By 2023/2024, we aim to save the NHS £2.4bn by leveraging the scale of the NHS to drive savings and provide a standardised range of quality assured clinical products that meet the diverse needs of the NHS across all areas.
All our colleagues share the same values. We are: ambitious, enterprising, respectful, innovative and integral. It is through our behaviours, passion and excellence, that we can improve lives as the supply chain partner of choice for the NHS.
How to Apply
* Please read the above job description and submit an application via CV Library
* Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a not an NHS organisation, you will join on SCCL terms and conditions.
NHS Supply Chain is an equal opportunities employer