Location - Cambridge
Salary £23,000 - £30,000
As a Remediation Engineer, you will be expected to support project managers and engineers in the provision of spill response, site investigation and remediation services on behalf of clients including landowners, loss adjusters, insurers, utility companies and power generation companies.
Your main role will include the provision of spill response services including emergency mitigation measures and the installation, operation, maintenance and monitoring of systems for the remediation of soil, groundwater and building structures.
You will also be expected to undertake initial site assessments and site investigations to determine contaminant impacts and assist in the
preparation of remedial schedules. You will be given the opportunity to assist in the preparation and delivery of internal research and development projects as they arise.
Structured training and mentoring will be provided to support your personal development. As the company grows you would initially be expected to progress to a position as Senior Remediation Engineer.
As a Remediation Engineer your main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Delivery of emergency mitigation and spill response services to protect the environment, human health and building structures following oil, chemical and slurry spill incidents;
• Installation, operation, maintenance and monitoring of systems for the remediation of soil, groundwater and building structures;
• Sampling of soils, waters and airs and scheduling of appropriate laboratory analysis and interpretation of analytical results in accordance with project managers instructions;
• Field work including completion, supervision and direction of initial site assessment and site investigation works following spill incidents;
• The use of field screening equipment and on-site measurement tools (e.g. Photo-ionisation Detectors, oil-water interface probes);
• Equipment maintenance;
• Health and safety planning including preparation of
risk assessments, method statements, construction phase plans, COSHH assessments etc;
• Maintaining effective communication with clients and customers always ensuring that any issues or concerns are dealt with promptly and effectively;
• Contractor management including supervision of contractors on site ensuring they are working in accordance with company procedures;
• Working in accordance with the company Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental (QHSE) policies and procedures.
You will be expected to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual to deliver high-quality outcomes for our clients;
• Ability to listen to instructions and work effectively in consultation with other staff;
• Be physically fit due to some work demands;
• Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively on all levels including with members of the public, homeowners, site owners, regulators and clients;
• Proficiency in the use of IT software including Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Promoting the company through your professional attitude, appearance, behaviour and conduct on site