Assistant Drillers (113jc) - Gloucester - £22,800 with O/T and Allowances £27k+ OTE
My client is the largest independent ground investigation contractor in the UK with a track record of delivering specialist preconstruction services for the past 59 years.
Based in Gloucester they are a progressive, energetic and industry leading business with a renowned reputation for technical innovation & excellence in Health & Safety. Their extensive client base ranges from private individuals requiring bespoke services or advice, through to large multidisciplinary consultants and main contractors who require large scale, complex ground investigations as part of nationally significant construction schemes.
The foundations of the company are built upon a number of highly effective teams, who work closely together, in order to deliver an unrivalled service to their Clients. Their dedicated teams of drillers, engineers, utility surveyors, technicians and laboratory staff all play a vital role in ensuring that these services are delivered to quality, on budget and on time, every time.
Due to a significant increase in workload they are delighted to be recruiting several Assistant Drillers to join their expanding team. Working within one of their specialists drilling teams and reporting to one of the team managers, you will quickly be exposed to many sites across the UK and will soon be working in and alongside many project teams. The role involves:
* Travelling extensively throughout the UK, staying away as required
* Mobilisation of specialist plant and equipment
* Working with Site Engineers and Project Managers to deliver drilling projects
* Operation & routine maintenance of industry leading specialist drilling equipment
* Assisting the Lead Driller to form high quality boreholes and installations
* Client liaison
Their projects can range from a single day on site to weeks in the field and can involve working on petrol forecourts, oil refineries, electrical substations, highways, reservoirs, and railways, to name but a few.
Their business and reputation is built on their commitment, mutual trust, organisational values & strong health and safety culture. A key part of your role will be to become part of that ethos, ensuring that work is carried out in line with site specific method statements and risk assessments, as well as suggesting 'a better way' to undertake the tasks faced on a daily basis. They believe the team members who undertake the tasks and face the daily risks are often in the best position to create innovative health and safety solutions.
They are looking for ambitious, hardworking, dedicated individuals, with great team-work ethic and communication skills. Previous experience of working within a construction related discipline would be beneficial, but not essential. You will need to be adaptable, have the desire to learn and progress within the business, and the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. Night and weekend working will be required.
In return they can offer a highly attractive package consisting:
* A diverse and exciting site-based role
* Desirable basic salary (starting at £22,800)
* Professional development opportunities to obtain Industry recognised qualifications
* Fully structured training to progress from assistant driller to Lead/Senior drilling role
* Generous overtime rates for night-time/ weekend working
* Overnight subsistence allowances for working away from home
* Excellent career prospects within preconstruction services to create a platform for long term career progression.
* Pension Scheme (if over 22 years old)
The right to work in the UK and a manual driving licence is a pre-requisite for applying, with C or C1 licence mandatory. All work starts and finishes at our depot in Gloucester so applicants will have to reside or relocate to within a sensible commuting distance.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed) Ext 1