EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
Change & Configuration Manager, Hinkley Point C site, Permanent, Competitive Salary & Benefits
Closing date: 28th October
EDF's ambition is to construct and operate up to 2 new nuclear plants (pairs of EPRs) in UK at Hinkley Point C, Somerset.
In 2019 the decision was made to reinforce UK-based site engineering to more quickly respond to site-based engineering queries and problems, to deliver the schedule and to deliver an increased scope of work. This decision led to the creation of the Joint Design Office, on HPC site, launched in April 2020. A primary benefit of this organisation is to save time for construction on site by having reactive answers and solutions to pursue their activities. The JDO will also protect RD teams in France and free-up their time to focus core engineering design.
The main objectives of the JDO for all disciplines that the site is managing (Civil, Mechanical and Electrical):
* To respond to queries arising on site (Requests for Information, Field Change Requests, construction Non-Conformity Reports);
* Allow the site some design capability and in doing so, when it is in the best interest of the HPC project, enable the closure on site of Open Points;
* To protect mid-term delivery of the RD back offices by giving more autonomy to site engineering through an extended Delegation of Authority. This allows the implementation outside of the RDs back offices of late design changes
Working for HPC Engineering Directorate, to ensure that HPC Site Engineering JDO entity:
- Deliver to quality, cost and schedule, a coherent, safe and compliant design fit for procurement, construction, commissioning and operation.
- Ensure consistency of the design with the referential and the physical reality of plant, by updating the design when necessary based on a site / supplier / commissioning feedback or issue
The Change and Configuration Manager is responsible for guaranteeing the completeness and consistency of the HPC site change process and configuration process in coordination with the JDO Design Entities (Licensee and Design Team), RD configurations teams, PI configuration team. The role will be the line manager of the Change and Configuration Engineers.
* Direct responsible for DPRN management group and Change management group.
* Ensuring the resolution of Open Points and the management of changes initiated and/or treated by JDO internal groups (JDO LI & JDO DT), within respect of HPC processes and tools.
* Setting up the change management boards and preparing their content (agenda, topics, presentation).
* Supporting the discipline leaders and area managers to gather all the requested information regarding a change of design.
DPRN management group ensuring the consistency between the design documentation version/revision used on site for the production of the physical reality of the plant and the site changes implementation
Within these two groups you will:
* Guarantee that processes ensuring documentation consistency status are in place and adapted according to the evolution of the scope, the organization and the responsibilities.
* Ensure that a day-to-day status of applicable list of documents for procurement / construction / commissioning, updated according to site changes validated, implemented in the design, transferred to procurement / construction / commissioning groups and implemented on site.
* Owns the configuration within JDO, in particular, ensures the consistency between Requirements, Design and Physical set of information.
* Support the HPC configuration management strategy from definition until implementation in coordination with the Design Entities, the programmes and Plant Integration.
* Ensure that the End to End Configuration Management processes are properly applied and cascaded within JDO, in coordination with PI configuration team.
* In charge of the Configuration reporting for JDO activities
* Support the development/deployment of any configuration tool, in coordination with PI Design Team.
For Change Management purposes:
* Ensure that appropriate coordination is in place for changes impacting several disciplines within JDO or impacting part of the design outside of JDO scope (cf. parts not yet handed-over).
* Escalate topics to the appropriate CMB, for changes outside of JDO Perimeter of Authority (PoA).
* Contributes to the validation of the Design Changes through the steering of the Design Changes process in coordination with PI configuration team.
* Contributes to the resolution of Design Open Points through the steering of the Design Open Points process between HPC and external design entities in coordination with PI configuration team.
Managerial accountabilities expected from Change and Configuration Manager
* Line management of the Configuration Engineers and Change Engineers.
* Support to JDO transverse group Manager for technical or managerial activities.
* Degree in a relevant science or engineering subject.
* Experience within Nuclear Civils/Nuclear MEP is considered as extremely beneficial: Candidates with significant experience of the requested core skills in the design / construction of other high hazard regulated industries may be considered..
* Advanced knowledge of change management and configuration management principles and processes.
* Advanced knowledge of EPR power station design.
* Advanced knowledge of UK Context for Nuclear Industry and UK Regulatory framework..
* Knowledge of project management principles and processes (certification is appreciated).
* Good management and organisational skills.
* Good communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders both in France and the UK.
* Good ability to work in autonomy.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
These roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard with the opportunity to discuss flexible working arrangements.
We're an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being.
We're about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're proud to be the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity. We believe that, together, we can create a cleaner, low-carbon future.
Through innovation, dedication, and a firm commitment to electric and renewable energy - we believe we can change everyone's future for the better.
Join us. Generation Electric. Everyone's welcome.