12 months fixed term contract
We are looking for an experienced Communications Project Manager to join our team at Capacity. The role will focus on communication projects in two strategic programmes Capacity is leading to achieve transformation in Children and Young Peoples services:
- We're developing and delivering a transformative, not-for-profit Children's Residential Care offer that significantly improves outcomes for care-experienced children and young people in Liverpool City Region
- We're co-creating and implementing a new Early Help model in Wirral that supports families to thrive
The Communications Project Manager will work with Capacity colleagues and a range of public and voluntary sector clients to co-design and deliver bold campaigns and digital tools that power these projects to succeed.
SO WHAT DO WE NEED YOU TO FOCUS ON IN THIS ROLE?
- You'll lead a recruitment campaign that attracts brilliant people from a range of sectors to join our team to deliver an innovative, high quality model of not-for-profit Children's Residential Care that achieves the very best for children who can't live with their own families.
- You'll create a new brand and set of tools for Early Help in Wirral that removes existing barriers, creates a culture of trust and co-operation across sectors and supports families in Wirral to live happy and healthy lives.
- You'll also support us in planning and coordinating the launch of a new digital tool for Early Help (likely to be a mobile-accessible website - but potentially an App).
One thing is for sure, your tasks will be rich and varied; you will play a key role in gathering community insights and completing communications audits, helping us to fully understand our audiences, their preferences and their needs. You'll copy-write effective campaign collateral and produce written content that is simple and easy to understand and you'll lead the management of communication across both projects. This includes everything from arranging print and production to coordinating online adverts, managing press freelancers and launching campaigns and kite-marks.
As part of the digital project you'll also spend time working alongside Capacity's Communications Associate and the wider team to take insights we already have and develop them further to finalise the brief for the digital agencies. You'll work alongside the Capacity team and a digital agency to develop ideas and prototypes, turning these ideas into basic prototypes that we can then use in consultation workshops with potential end userss. You'll find the best resources out there that we can share to support families, collating and structuring content with the digital agency so the navigation of the site and user journey all flow beautifully.
To do this role well, you'll need to be motivated by improving the lives of children and families and willing to be bold and brave, developing new solutions to long-standing, complex challenges faced by public services. All roles at Capacity rely on colleagues being adept at building strong human relationships, kind in the support they offer clients and courageous in delivering constructive challenge when required. As you will work on multiple projects at any given time, individuals who thrive in these roles currently are very good at and excited by managing a large and diverse workload, and whilst we encourage our colleagues to all be great leaders, you'll need to be a team player, communicating regularly with clients and the team to ensure key stakeholders are kept abreast of strategy, progress and financials. We don't expect (nor believe in) perfection: the projects we deliver are often complex and things won't always work. Therefore, we rely on creating a safe culture where people are open and honest about what's working, what isn't and where they might need extra support, so it's really important that people considering this role aren't afraid of making mistakes or asking for help.mistakes or asking for help.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 30th October 2020