Senior Data Developer (Finance Experience)
My Client are an award winning data and analytic's company working within the capital markets space. They aim to unlock the predictive power of data by applying AI and Machine learning based models onto client's applications helping them to either have a greater understanding of their internal data or to support third parties.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
My client are currently going through a growth phase and are continuously adding new financial datasets to our platform, as well as upgrading and improving existing ones. Data is passed through a serious of complex data pipelines built using a distributed architecture. The engineering of the pipeline is essential to business interaction and therefore is kept running at the highest level of performance possible.
They are looking for a Senior Market Data Developer to build and maintain data parsers, optimise and improve processes and reliability for managing these large datasets using the latest AWS technologies.
You will be given the opportunity to grow your leadership, technical, finance and cloud- & data-engineering skills as well as mentor junior members of the team.
- Full ownership of assigned projects such as data parsers, including liaising with the business to gather requirements, designing the solution, and building and delivering completed functionality to production
- You will be tasked in improving parsing framework, deployment, testing and CI
- Providing technical guidance to more junior developers (Mentoring 2) and third party financial clients.
- A great understanding of data flows
- Experience of working with market data, either real-time or historical
- Ideally you will have past experience in the finance sector- Ideally around trading
- A strong python development experience (Production based development)
- Strong C++ development experience as the client is moving from Python to C++
- Strong experience in SQL development and the ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Ability to self-organise and deliver a project over a period of up to a few months
- Computer science or other STEM degree
If your interested in the role drop me an email () with your latest CV attached or apply below.