We have a truly excellent opportunity for an experienced Semi Senior Accountant to join our team in Lincoln.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire (LN1)
Job Title: Semi Senior Accountant
Established in 1882, Dexter & Sharpe provide a comprehensive range of financial and business support services and ongoing strategic advice. Based in the City of Lincoln and six market towns throughout the heart of Lincolnshire, we provide a trusted source of expertise, for individuals, start-ups and well-established business. We continue to build on our enviable reputation for providing excellent advice and a first-class service to our business and personal clients alike.
The Lincoln office is based only a short walk from the Cathedral Quarter, with gym's, shops, restaurants and café's as well as Lincoln's world-famous cathedral and castle. The successful candidate would be joining a friendly team of 18 accountants and support staff in a private office building, with onsite parking.
We are now looking for a Semi Senior Accountant to join our team. This role is ideal for someone who wants progression in their career and to be able to work with clients from a variety of different industries.
Semi Senior Accountant
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Statutory accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Management accounting and bookkeeping
- VAT returns
- Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns
- Networking and business development
- Liaising with clients, Companies House and third parties.
- Preparation of management accounts
- Managing a portfolio of clients
- Supporting junior members of the team
- Liaising with clients on accounts and tax issues as required
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally, you will be AAT qualified or studying towards the ACCA qualification (We can provide study support too)
- You will possess at least 3-4 years' experience of working within an accountancy firm.
- You will be technically capable of producing statutory financial statements and management information to a high standard- Possess experience of preparing and submitting client VAT returns- Experience of preparing and submitting corporation tax and self-assessment returns- Strong IT skills inclusive of Microsoft Office and Outlook- Detailed knowledge of Iris, Xero and ideally QuickBooks
To submit your CV for this Semi Senior Accountant role, please click 'Apply' now