Mobilize have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Technical Lead to join their team in Bangor.
Job Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Technical Lead
Mobilize Systems is a division of Trust Payments which develops mobile technology to provide seamless, data-rich services to merchants looking to capture and expand customer engagement and loyalty programmes. The acquisition will enable Trust Payments to combine behavioural analytics with transactional data to offer enhanced product journeys for customers, improved payment options, and better insight for businesses.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Technical Lead - The Role:
- Technical lead for the new platform
- Cloud platform service environments provided by Amazon AWS
- Software architecture for highly scalable and reliable serverless systems, including data structures, dataflows, horizontal scale, system composition, security
- Event sourcing microservices architectures
- Infrastructure as Code, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- APIs, including REST and GraphQL using the Apollo client / server framework
- Business logic implemented in AWS serverless technologies, transitioning from an existing Java backend (Spring Boot)
- MySQL and Oracle DB transitioning to AWS Aurora, AWS Athena, AWS S3, and AWS DynamoDB with data analytics provided by AWS QuickSight
- Omni-channel messaging including push notifications, email, and SMS using AWS Pinpoint and interaction with our mobile app development team
- Understanding customer and business needs
- Migrate legacy platform into new AWS Architecture
- Continue to drive the architecture to meet the product roadmap
- Carry out instructions given by your line manager
- Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities.
- Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role
- You may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks, which is broadly consistent with those in this document as determined by your line manager
Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Technical Lead - Key Requirements:
- We are expecting solid experience as a Tech Lead with a focus on backend systems and database design and optimization
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with a proven track record in backend software architectures and development
- Minimum of five years' experience developing in the cloud, prior experience with AWS platform services and systems
- Background in Python / Java / Scala as an architect and developer, Spring Boot an advantage
- Experience with SQL and no-SQL database systems
- Official AWS certification is desirable
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven
- Diplomatic and tactful with good communication skills.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
- Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
- The position will carry autonomy within defined parameters, and the post-holder will be encouraged to take responsibility for decision-making within the strategic plan framework.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Technical Lead opportunity, please click 'Apply' now