At Prestige Nursing and Care we are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
With over 30 branches in England and Scotland and 75 years of experience in providing homecare to the community we are committed to be the best in our industry.
This is an exciting time to be joining Prestige Nursing and Care, part of the Sodexo Group. A rare opportunity has arisen to join our established branch as a Care assistant for our community care packages.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with solid care experience and a flexible, enthusiastic and can-do attitude to join our team and provide care under the health and social care 6 c's'
- Care - is the corner stone of our industry we provide many level of support to our clients including performing daily activated of living such as washing, dressing, toileting and assisting with meals. We also offer companionship and stimulation to our clients and support them to remain safe in their own homes despite suffering life changing challenges.
- Courage to do the right thing - You need to be ready to accept new challenges and be willing to learn new skills to ensure the care delivered to our clients is to the highest standards and safe at all times. At times, we may also need to speak up for our client's to protect them from harm or abuse.
- Communication is pivotal to success - You will need to be able to offer excellent written and verbal skills to ensure a clear understanding is achieved at all times. Often listening can be the greatest communication skill. You will be required to read care plans and follow the care set out, you will also need to be able to follow MAR charts.
- Commitment - we are looking for people who can show commitment to this client group. Bespoke training is given only to those staff of the package so we are always limited when it comes to staff shortages. Some level of flexibility would also be an asset.
- Competent - all extended skills required to care for a client will be given by trained healthcare professionals and a competency process will be completed before you will be expected to work unsupervised. We offer ongoing training and evaluation of skills to ensure good practices.
- Compassion- we are looking for carer's who's care delivery is given through relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity
Key skills and attributes that we are looking for are-
- A caring disposition
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Understand the need for and maintain confidentiality
- Professional, friendly and willing disposition.
- Ability to empathise with clients and their families
- Minimum 6 months experience
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Achieved or willing to study towards NVQ2
- Enhanced DBS
What we offer in return
- Competitive hourly rates of pay (Above the national average)
- Weekly pay
- Flexible working and a variety of work matched to your skills and interests
- Working with a local team at a local branch
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 365 days a year which offers a free confidential and information support service
- 'Your Prestige' Benefits and Rewards package (including 4% discount at Tesco, 5% discount at Argos and many more)
- Accrual of 28 days annual leave-Within a full year service
- Free uniform and DBS cost refunded *conditions apply*
- A friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this role and would like to find out more please apply on line and one of our dedicated colleagues will be in touch within 48 hours to start your journey with Prestige Nursing + Care.
By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing Ltd is collecting, processing and using your personal data for managing your application and establishing an applicant database. For more information, please visit our Applicant Policy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90983963