DCC Management Services Limited
Exertis is the leading global technology distribution and supply chain services provider in the IT, Communications and Home Entertainment. After 35 years of profitability Exertis continues to outperform the market, quadrupling its business in the last five years and achieving revenues of over £2.7 billion in FY20. Exertis represents hundreds of manufacturers and provides distribution and supply chain services internationally, spanning more than 25,000 products across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer electronics, entertainment, print, networking, servers and solutions, unified communications, security and AV solutions.
Exertis is part of DCC plc, a FTSE 100 company specialising in international sales, marketing, distribution and business support services, employing over 13,000 people worldwide with an annual turnover in excess of £14 billion. Being part of DCC provides us with superior financial strength and the ability to continually invest in bringing new services to the market.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager (Basingstoke) the Commercial Finance Analyst will be partnering directly with the Sales/Commercial Directors and their teams in Basingstoke to assist them in driving profitability and Return on Capital Employed by providing high quality financial analysis, appropriate challenge and balanced decision-making support.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the P&L and the drivers of profitability and return on capital performance, partner with business leads to deliver against KPIs
* Weekly 'Outlooks' / forecasting of key P&L items for the month along with variance analysis against budget and week on week
* Assist in driving annual budget process and quarterly profit reforecasting. Ensure the business is familiar with key variances and work with them to maximise opportunities
* Assist the Commercial Finance Manager in production of monthly board packs and reviews with senior management
* Own the monthly commission and bonus submission for sales/commercial/support staff and provide commentary against budget & actual profit performance
* Own the monthly target setting process for Sales teams
* Assist the Commercial Finance Manager (Basingstoke) and Finance Controller (Burnley) in managing balance sheet risk and opportunities
* Communicate complex financial information to non-financial members of the business
* Provide ad-hoc support to the sales/commercial business leads as required
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct.
Exertis is a fast-paced, service-oriented organisation which values a no-surprises approach and in which trust and confidence are vital. We are looking for people who really care about what they do, who are prepared to identify where something needs to be done and have the stamina and determination to successfully deliver. The successful candidate must be instinctively comfortable in this type of environment and will have or be able to demonstrate:
* Finance / Business graduate, with at least 1-year relevant work experience, obtained post-graduation or during degree (i.e. during a sandwich year).
* Will consider candidates who are AAT qualified or hold alternative degrees, if relevant work experience can be demonstrated.
* Strong interpersonal skills; you will part of a team that is the face of Business Finance team in Basingstoke.
* Self-motivated and results driven
* Proven track record in financial analysis
* Proficient Excel skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Willing to travel from time to time to interface with wider commercial finance team in Finance Operations in Burnley.
* Experience in commercial finance and business partnering desirable
* Familiarity with SAP or Qlikview is desirable
* Experience in a FMCG or distribution environment is desirable