Overview PQ or Qualified Accountant (Tax Team)
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb's core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor's and A++ from A.M. Best.
Chubb's parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
Glasgow - 12m FTC
Do you have previous experience in either an accounting or tax specific role?
This is ideally suited to candidates who have previous experience in an accounitng or tax based role. Equally suited to Part Qualified or Newly Qualified accountants who are looking to develop their skills and technical knowedge within a fast paced corporate environment.
If you are interested in working for one of the largest insurers in the world with offices in 54 countries, excellent employee benefits and a diverse working culture, then we would love to hear from you!
The Tax Analyst role primarily supports the Indirect Tax team in providing comprehensive indirect tax compliance and advisory services to Chubb and affiliated companies across EMEA. The primary focus of the role is on the day to day management and improvement of the end-to-end tax compliance obligations around Value Added Tax (VAT), Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) and associated parafiscal taxes.
The role involves indirect tax accounting, particularly around managing balance sheets and the reconciliation of those. There will be a secondary focus to support the team in the provision of tax advisory and project services across the business.
Regular travel to London may be required.
• Preparation and review of indirect tax returns.
• Assisting with VAT, IPT, and parafiscal duties.
• Assist with the day-to-day VAT compliance processes to meet Chubb's statutory compliance obligations.
• Respond to indirect tax queries as and when they arise, from the business and from the Finance Team.
• Helping with management of indirect tax audits if required.
• Assisting more senior tax team members with ad-hoc advisory services and projects.
• Journal preparation where required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
• Qualified or part-qualified with either professional tax or accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, ICAS and/ or CTA)
• Reasonable understanding of any indirect taxes is preferred, we are willing to provide further training on this.
• Insurance Premium Tax or Insurance background would be ideal but not required.
• Computer literate with very strong Excel skills
• Ability to work to demanding reporting timetables.
• Must be finance accounting literate and have good experience using Excel in depth and know their way around formulae and macros.
• Quick learner with strong communication skills in order to interact with internal employees at all levels and external advisors
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN!
• Competitive salary & pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days, Private Medical cover, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Life Assurance, Subsidised gym membership, Comprehensive Learning & development offerings.
• Employee resource groups: Gender Equality Network, Abilities & Wellbeing, Social Mobility, Parents & Carers, Pride Network, Cultural Awareness Network.
• Networking, mentoring & development opportunities, 1 day annual Charitable leave, Cycle to work scheme, Active Sports & social committee, Employee Assistance program
INTEGRITY. CLIENT FOCUS. RESPECT. EXCELLENCE. TEAMWORK
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We're an ethical and honest company that's wholly committed to its clients. A business that's engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that's collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Work Location: Glasgow - Broomielaw Job Function: Finance
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contractor (FTC)
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.