Location: Wantage (Theale)
Role: Qualified Accountant
Job Type: Full-time
About Our Client
They are a multi award-winning accountancy practice, holder of prestigious awards for the UK. They are highly organised, committed to the ongoing development of their team members as well as to delivering a great service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
They have comprehensive training and personal development processes, procedures and checklists as well as a regular planning and review process to support employee and business growth.
Day to Day
· Client annual accounts preparation for sole traders, small limited companies, partnerships and LLPs using a variety of systems and spreadsheets (with relevant disclosures and explanatory notes and schedules).
· Updating client accounting systems with end of year adjustments.
· Corporation tax return and associated computation preparation and supporting schedules.
· Self-assessment tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, and property investors (including capital gains computations).
· Relationship management with your clients, getting to know them and their needs better.
· Qualified or part qualified accountant with ACCA or ICAEW having passed all your exams (possibly already a full member of either organisation).
· 3+ years' experience working in practice.
· Preparation for end of year accounts for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and LLPs.
· You will have a solid understanding of accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income as well as the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
Why Our Client
· 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
· Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
· Flexible start and end time within a 35-hour working week
· Supportive and friendly team
· Annual bonus scheme (enabling you to earn an additional 10% of your salary)
· Private health care scheme
· Bespoke personal development plan and clear career path
· Full induction programme
· Free parking