* Maintaining the Purchase Ledger
* The timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices, credit notes, payments and any other authorised transactions in the company's ERP system.
* The matching of supplier invoices with purchase orders and goods receipts.
* Resolving internal issues regarding supplier invoices such as coding, pricing, booking-in etc.
* Monthly reconciliation of supplier accounts to supplier statements, together with the processing of valid reconciling items in order to ensure the accuracy of ledger data
* Resolving supplier queries as required
* Acting as a primary contact with Purchasing & Stores Departments in respect of disputed invoices, goods returned & debit notes
* The preparation and review of period-end accounts payable reports
* Management of monthly staff expenses and payments.
* Management and analysis of expenditure on company credit cards
* Daily bank reconciliations
* Management of petty cash
* Must have good previous experience working in a similar finance assistant/purchase ledger role
* Able to work to deadlines and have an accurate and organised approach to work
* Be a strong communicator at all levels
* Previous experience working on SAP is desirable
* Good IT knowledge including Excel
* Have a great work ethic and be a team player
*Edwards & Pearce is a professional recruitment consultancy with 11 specialist divisions managed by experts in their own area of recruitment
*Established in 1998
*Employ approx 30 staff
*2 offices in Doncaster & Hull
*Edwards & Pearce operates according to a strict ethical code and aims to offer both candidates and clients the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
*Edwards & Pearce has an enviable client base including plc's, blue chip organisations and SME's , global FMCG manufacturing, the public sector, charities and the Big 4 accountancy firms achieving preferred supplier status with many clients
*From the 2 offices based in Yorkshire, Edwards & Pearce successfully recruit for not only local, regional and national clients but has also undertaken and filled international assignments.
*It is the policy of Edwards & Pearce to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law