Adecco are currently recruiting for a PROCUREMENT ADVISER for a Local Authority based in SUTTON.
(WFH will be available after induction period)
FULL TIME - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
TEMPORARY ROLE - 4 MONTHS (possible extension)
£18.22 PER HOUR PAYE / £23.65 PER HOUR UMBRELLA
As a Procurement Advisor you will responsible for providing expert procurment and advice, support and guidance to Commissioners within the Commissioning unit and also the wider organisation. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the organisation has the required controls in place to ensure that procurement activity is carried out in an open and transparent way in line with EU legislation and best practise.
• Deliver advice and guidance in broad area of expertise to ensure customer needs are met.
• Identify and implement improvements in own work area in order to deliver continuous service improvement and improved outcomes to customers.
• Regularly communicate with internal customers to share information and build working relationships to support collaborative working.
• Keep up to date with changes in relevant policy and legislation to ensure delivery in own work area is effective and complies with appropriate regulations/statutory guidance.
• To be the Council's lead for procurement best practice and innovative approaches to procurement, ensuring that procurement is seen as an enabler for the organisation not a blocker.
• To be responsible for the Council's procurement guidance and templates ensuring the they are regularly updated to reflect changes in legislation and best practice
• To advise Commissioners on the tendering of contracts, including advice on internal governance, the regulatory framework, drafting specifications, tender documentation, pricing schedules, method statements
• To work with the Commissioning Support team to ensure that the Council's e-tendering portal is developed to support commissioners and the wider organisations needs
• To lead on high value, complex procurement activity as required
• To carry out analysis of spend across the authority to identify opportunities for future procurment activity i.e. support local SMEs, align different contract, reduce off-contract spend
Full job spec can be provided upon application.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser