Engineering Operations Manager / Maintenance Manager| FMCG Herefordshire | £65,000 The Company
There couldn't be a more exciting time to join this FMCG organisation in Herefordshire. The Opportunity
Manage the planning, organisation and delivery of Engineering operations. Responsible for production and delivery of the day to day maintenance activities, weekend plan, mid-week plan and the PMS through effective utilisation the CMMS. Line manager for the Engineering Shift Managers.
Personal Profile Essential
- Manage the planning, organization and delivery of Engineering operations
- Deputise for the Engineering Manager
- Responsible for the accurate upkeep of maintenance records through the appropriate use of CMMS to maximise its benefit to the engineering team and ensure that information recorded is appropriate and is of sufficient quality to for subsequent reliability analysis and re-engineering activities.
- Maintain a high level of reliability and availability of factory equipment through an effective planned maintenance regime for the factory asset base, to maximise added value and ensure full compliance with all legal/company specific inspections and calibrations.
- Contributing to the annual planned and predictive maintenance budget requirements for manufacturing assets, including R&M, contracted services and term contractor support.
- Ensuring safe engineering practices across the site, including contractors
- Responsible for the training and development of all Shift Engineers
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues, suppliers and contractors
- Understanding of engineering and operational KPI's and be able to identify areas for improvement
- Lead and support improvements projects and initiatives
- On-site Contractor Management
- HNC certification or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- 6+ years of engineering experience
- Experience in managing projects (capital and continuous improvement)
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Further information, please contact Rhian Mountjoy on 07928 666145 or
- HND or Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- IEng or Eng Tech Registered
- Experience in Engineering leadership
- Experience in change management